Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Spread awareness about wikipedia and wikimedia commons among rural areas people and local photographers.
- Collaboration with professional photographers team.
- Engagement of new users in wikimedia commons, wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Take photographs of villages (Rural Municipalities) of three districts of Nepal.
- Improve the Quality of images.
- Upload photographs with different subject like culture, lifestyles, festivals, shelter, food, dressup, People and educational institutions.
This is the second phase of the project WLV and our motive is to create a platform for the photographers so they will engage in WLV projects and contribute more photos of rural areas which help people to know about that communities. This program is for the photographers who had clicked photos of rural areas but not got platform to review it to world and our project plan motive is to guide them, for this plan we are collaborating with the youth photographers team. At the end of the project, We will organize a photowalk in one of the Metropolis with group of photographers to photograph the missing places which is not yet uploaded to Wikimedia Commons.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The overall purpose of this Wiki Loves Villages is to increase the amount of freely-licensed material related to villages (Rural Municipalities) of Nepalese districts in Wikimedia Commons, and improve the quality and quantity of Wikipedia articles about them, including the illustration of the articles with the uploaded pictures. If the project is going to be successful, more people will know not only about Wikipedia, but also about Wikimedia Commons and new users will be engaged in the projects also.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I will lead the project with Maithili Wikimedians User Group members.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create a social media groups before the event to engage the participants in future events as well as we will motivate the new contributors to contribute regularly to Wikimedia Commons.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is most important project because most of the villages and rural municipalities of Nepal have very low amount of photos on Wikipedia article.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of place to photograph: 17 (Rural municipalities and municipalities of Morang)
- Number of photowalk: 1
- Number of training: 1
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of article or improved: 100
- Number of of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000
- Number of Meetup: 1
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S. No.||Item description||Amount|
|1||Food and Accommodation||90,000 NPR|
|2||Travel Expenses||40,000 NPR|
|3||Communication & Internet Connectivity||15,000 NPR|
|4||Photo Walk||50,000 NPR|
|6||Training (Food and Drinks)||10,000 NPR|
|Total NPR Amount||2,10,000|
|Total USD Amount||1909.09|
|S. No.||Item description||Amount||Note|
|1||Meetup||10,000 NPR||From Remaning fund of previous grant.|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!