Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are doing a series of 4 editathons at the University of llorin during the period under review.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- There's an active whatsapp group where wikipedians in the University engage each other and share information about club's upcoming activities. We will also be pasting fliers around campus. We will also be posting digital flyers on the school's various social media platforms.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I'm a reasonably experienced Wikipedian with over a year experience in contributing to Wikipedia and I've attended a workshop where Asaf Bartov was the trainer and a regional conference (Wiki Indaba 2019).
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we expect all participants to either have a mobile phone or computer laptop and at least basic computer knowledge.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will send a post-event questionnaire and invite new editors to our support group
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 4 events
- Number of participants: 30 participants
- Number of new editors: 10 editors
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100 articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 25 participants
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Human resources:
- ....and other members of the Club
- Participants are to bring along their own laptops.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food & drinks =N1500 | 3.28 USD/meeting x 30 people x 4 edit-a-thons = N180,000 | $825.39
- Internet = N5000 x 4 edit-a-thons= N20,000 | $68.78
- Swag: To be shared amongst participants periodically to identify with the Wikimedia project, serve as incentives, encourage participation and attract others to the wikimedia movement.
- Wikipedia branded notebooks= N500 x 50 = N25,000 | $68.78
- Participant packs (folder, Wrist bands, pen, wiki cheatsheet, stickers, thank you card)= N30,000 | $98.36
- Customized shirts= N20,000 | $65.57
- Contingency funds (stationeries, printouts, calls, SMS units etc. ) = N15000 | $41.27
- Camera rentage= N10,000 | $32.78
- Roll up banner (for publicity) = N30,000 | $98.36
Total: N330,000 | $1081.96Edit
Forex rate used is $1 = 305, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria and used by banks
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!