Timeline for KiwixEdit
The technical timeline can be found here: Grants:Project/Kiwix/User Experience/milestones
- Established list of tasks (see timeline);
- Selected candidate for Qt coding of UI;
- Received first grant installment
- Got dumped by Qt hiree about 2 weeks later. Other candidates weren't available anymore -> we'll work through our senior dev but this will have a cost (and probably create some delays in delivery).
- Fixed ZIM format and libzim 4GB cluster limit
- Conducted interviews for UX designer
- libzim and kiwixlib full support of iOS/macOS
- Kiwix tools support of i586 architecture
- Launch of a zimcheck tool
- Speed up zimwriterfs; started attempt to speedup libzim
- Wrote Kiwix lib documentation
- Initial UX review completed 
- Signed on UX designer.
- First UI concepts and mockups
- Started working on dekstop client interface
- Completed code bootstrap and zim file downloader.
- Overall desktop design is ready/completed!
- Updated/fixed zimwriterfs: that problem was holding us back to update large (>4Gb) zim files;
- First nightly release of Kiwix desktop for Linux;
- We have a serious issue with Qt/Windows compilation that will probably delay project completion by at least one month;
- Submitted mid-point report.
- The complete design plan is available on Github (you can get free sneak peaks);
- We hit a major issue when trying to compile on Windows. At this stage it looks like this'll set us a few weeks back.
- Nothing to report.
- Finally could compile on Windows! \o/
- Now manages search suggestions, tabs, print command, external links;
- Windows app is signed;
- Migrated Appveyor account.
- Received second grant installment. Thank you.
New end dateEdit
31 October 2018.
As indicated in June, we had a major issue compiling on Windows, where our main user base is. This set us back by a few weeks, and with vacations piling up we do not expect to be done before Fall.
Approving a new project end date of 31 October 2018.
- The submission date for the final report and documentation of expenses will now be 30 November 2018, or 30 days after the project end date. If you need more time to submit the report or have other questions regarding reporting requirements, please post a request here and ping us. Best, Morgan Jue (WMF) (talk) 21:16, 25 September 2018 (UTC)