- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
|June 9, 2015||Created a project page on Korean Wikipedia|
|October 21, 2015||Borrowed a venue for the event for free|
|October 29, 2015||Uplaoded a poster on Wikimedia Commons|
|October 30, 2015||Advertised on OnOffMix|
|November 3, 2015||Advertised on Facebook and Twitter|
|November 11, 2015||Sent invitations to participants of FANTasia Edit-a-thon|
|November 16, 2015||Ordered Food and Beverages|
|November 16, 2015||Ordered T-shirts|
|November 17, 2015||Distributed a press material|
|November 19, 2015||Completed a design of the standing banner|
|Checked the venue|
|Novemver 21, 2015||Held the event|
|Presentation 1: Legal||Analyzing a Legal Case Focisng on CCL||User:Motoko C. K.||w:ko:사용자:Motoko C. K./발표 노트/위키컨퍼런스 서울 2015|
|Group Talk||Success of FANTsia Edit-a-thon & Sharing Experiences as a Woman Editor||w:ko:User:Borashow
User:Motoko C. K.
|w:ko:위키백과:오프라인 모임/위키컨퍼런스 서울 2015/그룹 토크|
|Presentation 2: Technical||Introduction to Wikidata||User:Jmkim dot com|||
|Presentation 3: Technical||Introduction to Content Translation Tool||User:Ryuch|||
|Presentation 4: Educational||Developing a Textbook Using Wikimedia Contents||User:Neoalpha||w:ko:사용자:Neoalpha/교육|
|Presentation 5: Educational||Teaching with Wikipedia in Korea||User:Piotrus|||
|Closing Ceremony & Free Talk|
- What worked well?
- First of all, we wanted to share information on Wikidata. We thought the project was very important development of Wikimedia projects, but the project was still unfamiliar with users who didn't have technical knowledge. Jm dot com's presentation was very useful to understand the project. You can see his presentation file here. Second, gender gap issue is very serious in the Wikimedia projects, but we had not had chances to listen to women users' voice. In this event, we could exchange experiences as women users of the Wikimedia projects. In the group talk, the women participant who we invited insisted that she would feel gender discrimination if her article was deleted without any explanation. It was impressive to me. You can see the interview at w:ko:위키백과:오프라인 모임/위키컨퍼런스 서울 2015/그룹 토크. Last, we collected email addresses of participants through a guestbook. We didn't do that in the last conference, we couldn't invite attendees to the following events.
- What didn't work?
- Three of total six sessions were about technical issue, which is important but hard to understand for people who don't have related knowledge. Twenty minutes were arranged to all presentations, but some participants pointed out that the time was short to ask questions. More attempt at talking with new users was necessary in the free talk time.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- We need to divide presentations into 2 to 3 parts under the subject for both new users and skilled users Time arranged to presentations also needs to be longer. We will search for effective ways to help new users communicate with skilled users.
Outcomes and impactEdit
- Provide the original project goal here.
- We want to share a recent legal issue which happened in South Korea regarding Creative Commons license
- We want to share a way of using contents of Wikimedia projects in education.
- We want to share a recent technical issue regarding Wikidata.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- I think the goal was achieved. All presentations planned were delivered in the event.
Progress towards targets and goalsEdit
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|100 participants||90 participants||It comes from our guestbook.|
|4 presentations||5 presentations|
|1 group talk||1 group talk|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved|
|2. # of new editors|
|3. # of individuals involved||90|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||1|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||22||commons:Category:Wikiconference Seoul 2015|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||1||wikidata:Q21521664|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||+1,720 bytes|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- Yes. 36 of 90 participants replied our survey after the event, and 34 respondents said they had an intent to attend follow-up events. We attempted to introduce basic information on Wikidata. 12 respondents selected Introduction to Wikidata as the most useful session, and 11 respondents said Introduction to Content Translation Tool was the most useful session in the conference.
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Food and beverages||Snacks||Per person||90||13,200||1,188,000||1,188,000||KRW|
|2||Food and beverages||Snacks||Per person||30||13,200||396,000||396,000||KRW||We paid with our membership fee.|
|3||Food and beverages||Snacks||1 package||1||110,000||110,000||110,000||KRW||We paid with our membership fee.|
|4||Publishing a banner||A standing banner||1 print||1||30,000||30,000||33,000||KRW|
|5||Publishing posters||A2 size color posters||1 print||4||15,000||60,000||60,000||KRW|
|6||Souvenirs||T-shirts Wikipedia-logo printed||1 piece||100||5,650||565,000||487,630||KRW||We paid with our membership fee.|
SEE INSTRUCTIONS AT Grants:Index/Create financial report.
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 2,349,000 KRW
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 1,557,750 KRW
- Total amount spent on this project
- 2,239,000 KRW
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 1,278,000 KRW
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Membership fee of our organization
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 279,750 KRW
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- We already returned the remaing fund to WMF.