What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
The harassment phenomenon / bullying of senior users to new and especially women users, which eventually leads to their withdrawal from Wikipedia. Also the consumption of useful administration resources in resolving disputes among authors.
What is your solution?Edit
My solution proposed is a training campaign, motivating and informing both the senior and new users about the correct way interacting within the community. Giving senior users the choice of being a "mentor", departing from the dispatcher role of posting a cold welcome message in the new user's talk page to take on a more substantial and active role in the community with positive outcomes. Really helping new users by answering their questions or guiding them through their first edits, making Wikipedia a friendly place where the new user can contribute for a longer time and also motivate themselves to be creative through another role. The realization of this idea can be through a campaign in the form of banners, to create promotional events in schools / universities / organizations on harassment / bullying in the form of writing relative articles (editathon), as well as training courses via skype and effective daily edits from volunteers who want to help by joining this cause.
- To eliminate or significantly reduce the harassment phenomenon / bullying from senior to new users.
- To remain active at Wikipedia more new users and for a longer period of time.
- To contribute at Wikipedia more women users, reducing in this way the percentage of gender gap .
- To achieve a better, friendlier and healthier environment in the community (better community health).
- To save useful administrative resources currently consumed in resolving disputes between users.
- It should have been proposed long ago! Laertis333 (talk) 15:21, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Been myself also o new user and a woman too, I think such a help from old users of wikipedia would be very helpful. For example I currently face a problem with copyrights since I don't know exactly what I do wrong in the files I upload. There's one that has been marked as possible violation but they didn't delete it like others. If there's such a problem with the sexe, then it should be solved, I don't think it is fair at all. 184.108.40.206 12:25, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- endorse - welcomers / mentors / coaches / ambassadors need to be supported. similar to english idea here Grants:IdeaLab/train reviewers to become ambassadors. you might want to state what given level of activity and reports back to WMF you will do. Slowking4 (talk) 18:16, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
The realization of this idea can be through a campaign in the form of banners, to create promotional events in schools / universities / organisations on harassment / bullying in the form of writing relative articles (editathon), as well as training courses via skype and effective daily edits from volunteers who want to help by joining this cause. I will inform my community users to participate through the Greek Village Pump, and especially my fellow members of Wikipedia Community Schools Association Greece.
With a statistic record of real edits of the new users of the Greek Wikipedia and the number of new articles created by them. My estimated goal is an increase about 10% in participants and new articles and photos uploaded and used.
I have no resources at this point. To activate and run this project I'll be needing funding for hardware and consumables:
- 1 Laptop= 300 euros
- 1 projector = 150 euros
- photocopies=50 euros