- support a 10x increase in ideas and participants in the portal
- make the IdeaLab the jumping off point for Inspire campaigns
- engage a wider and more diverse audience
Campaign splash pageEdit
Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire will be the campaign-specific landing page. Grants:Inspire will redirect to Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire. The splash page is similar to Grants:IdeaLab/Ideas, but will reflect the Inspire campaign branding (imagery, color scheme, etc), rather than the generic IdeaLab branding.
The splash page will feature campaign-specific content and calls to action:
- galleries of campaign-related ideas and user profiles created during the campaign
- links to campaign resources (like Gender gap and the IdeaLab Safe Space policy)
- links to guide pages for campaign ideas
- a campaign specific activity feed
- a call to action to create a campaign idea (and a FormWizard button)
- a call to action to "join the campaign" by creating a user profile (another FormWizard button)
- an announcements banner
- a campaign leaderboard showing the number of ideas submitted, and a link to a "report" of the most endorsed ideas and most discussed ideas
Note: the regular IdeaLab page will be updated to include a prominent link to the campaign splash page, but will otherwise be unaffected.
IdeaLab participant profiles will be created with the FormWizard or with an editintro/preload workflow, and each profile will be its own page. Basic profile information will be captured in a Lua-based template, and people will be able to add other information about themselves, their work, etc to their profile page, or use it as a personal workspace.
GrantsBot will suggest Ideas that people may want to work on, based on the interests and skills they specify when creating their profile. These recommendations will be posted on the user's profile talk page.
New guide pages are needed for all campaign ideas, new campaign ideas, and user profiles by interest and skill.
A leaderboard (wikitable or chart template) linked from the Campaign splash page will show the n ideas that have the most endorsements, most participants (joiners), and most talk-page contributors.
Campaign progress barEdit
A progress bar will show how many ideas have been created (out of total goal?), and how many profiles have been created (or how many people have participated?)
Probox for campaign-related ideas will use the campaign logo and color scheme, rather than the traditional IdeaLab logo and color scheme.
FormWizard will be used to create both new ideas and to create user profiles.
Banners & NotificationsEdit
We are exploring possibilities for using Notifications to alert people who have created profiles or ideas in the IdeaLab about events that occur on/around those ideas or profiles.
We are exploring the possibility of using Notifications or CentralNotice to advertise the campaign across projects.
see also: Grants:IdeaLab/Build/Maintenance
Leaderboards and ScoreboardsEdit
- Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/Scoreboard (transclude into Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire)
- Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/Leaderboard (not yet made) will show lists of ideas by # of endorsers, joiners, talkers. Linked from Grants:Inspire.
- Meta:FormWizard/Config/IdeaLab_profile - Meta:FormWizard profile-creation config
- Meta:FormWizard/Config/IdeaLab - Meta:FormWizard idea-creation config
- Module:Probox/Inspire - config for Inspire Meta:Probox
- Grants:IdeaLab/Content - lots of interface text for the IdeaLab and its various templates
- Template:Probox/Inspire/Content - interface text for Inspire probox
- Template:Probox/Idealab/Content - interface text for IdeaLab probox
Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/New Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/All Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/Profiles
(galleries for people will be the same ones as rest of IdeaLab)
- Template:IdeaLab/Inspire/Header/Horizontal (use this one)
Template:IdeaLab/Inspire/Intro(moved to Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire)
- Template:Probox/Inspire - Inspire-specific Probox template (portal and translation params pre-filled)
- Template:Inspire/Activity/Entry - different types of events for Inspire feed
- user profile creation edit-intro?
- user profile creation preload?
- File:Astrocat_01.svg - astrocat
- File:Astrocat_02.svg - dish
- File:Astrocat_03.svg - large constellation
- File:Astrocat_04.svg - misc stars
- File:Astrocat_05.svg - planet
- File:Astrocat_06.svg - satellite 1
- File:Astrocat_07.svg - satellite 2
- File:Astrocat_08.svg - small constellation
- File:Astrocat_09.svg - telescope
New idea categoriesEdit
- Category:IdeaLab/Ideas/Gender_gap (for all gender-gap related ideas, whether part of the campaign or not)
- Category:IdeaLab/Ideas/Global_south (we probably don't want this cat anymore)
- Category:IdeaLab/Ideas/Inspire (default cat for March 2015 campaign. adding campaign=gender gap to Probox adds this cat. Subcat of Category:IdeaLab/Ideas/IdeaLab)
New palette (more accessible)Edit
- grey: #535353 - use only a dark grey everywhere, no light grey text.
- orange: #cd6601 - hopefully this is dark enough.
- teal: #27666b
- Dk purple: 460c40
- Magenta: b61e53
Old palette (less accessible)Edit
- Dk purple: 460c40
- Aqua: 55ada8
- Dk yellow: f9a01b (same hex as IdeaLab yellow)
- Magenta: b61e53