|Design and message (Meta)|
|Live donation pages (WMFwiki)|
This page is the timeline for the Wikimedia Foundation's 2009 Fundraising drive.
- Continue work on the Fundraising_2009/Survey.
- Continue work on the Fundraising_2009/Donation buttons upgrade.
- Continue work on Mobile Giving project.
- Build credit card processing capacity into WMF donation page.
- Build MediaWiki interface for various payment methods and CiviCRM.
- Select and hire PR firm for the Annual Giving Campaign marketing efforts.
- Introduce first draft of Chapter Fundraising Agreement.
- Explore and evaluate alternate payment methods needed by countries (iDEAL, rupee processing, etc.).
- WMF Annual Report work begins.
- Implement and test credit card processing.
- Finalize Chapter Fundraising Agreement.
- Implement alternate payment methods. Test.
- Marketing planning continues. Select firm for re-design of WMF donation Portal.
- Tentative launch of mobile giving options.
- Oct 1st: Preliminary media designs for Annual Fundraiser
- Implement final new donation button to WMF projects.
- Set final verbiage for messaging and donation portals for translations.
Recruit volunteers and come up with initial template answers for OTRS.(Anya already has 3 new volunteers lined up. 188.8.131.52 21:27, 25 September 2009 (UTC))
(Updated: Rand Montoya 21:31, 30 October 2009 (UTC))
- Nov. 10: Tentative fundraiser soft launch (2 site notices, 1 landing page, 1 donation page).
- Nov. 13: Full launch of fundraiser (up to 6 site notices, 4 landing pages, 4 donation pages), testing of messages across spectrum.
- Nov. 17th: Campaign Phase 2 (tentative)
- Nov. 21th: Campaign Phase 3 (tentative)
- Nov. 28th: Campaign Phase 4 (tentative)
- Late November: Tentative cultivation email to past donors about WMF mission/Story or Annual Report.
- Tentative email solicitation to donors, if needed.
- Dec X: Campaign Phase 5 (TBD)
- Jan. 15th: Tentative fundraiser end, earlier if we hit our fundraising goal. Updated: Rand Montoya 22:23, 1 December 2009 (UTC)