Proyèk Wikimédia gableg berapa asas dasaran barengan. Ni asas bisa aja berobah-robah atawa disempurnain deri waktu ke waktu, cuman ni dirèken sebagé pikiran nyang penting bakal dasaran proyèk Wikimédia – jangan ampé ketuker ama Yayasan Wikimédia (nyang juga' nangtung deri proyèk Wikimédia). Orang nyang bener-bener kaga' setuju ama ni diarep tetep ngormatin ni, baè' pas samenwèrekan di pelampang atawa pas ganti ke pelampang laènnya. Dia-dia pada nyang kaga' bisa atawa ogah kadang-kadang umannya ujung-ujungnya mèrad deri proyèk.
These principles include:
- Neutral point of view (NPOV) as a guiding editorial principle.
- The ability of almost anyone to edit (most) articles without registration.
- The "wiki process" as the final decision-making mechanism for all content.
- The creation of a welcoming and collegial editorial environment.
- Free licensing of content; in practice defined by each project as public domain, GFDL, CC BY-SA or CC BY.
- Maintaining room for fiat to help resolve particularly difficult problems. On a dozen projects, an Arbitration Committee has the authority to make certain binding, final decisions such as banning an editor.
Not all projects follow these principles in the same way.
- Some apply neutrality by allowing a plurality of items that are individually not neutral (Commons, which says "Commons is not Wikipedia, and files uploaded here do not necessarily need to comply with the Neutral point of view"), or have a simpler principle of 'being fair' (Wikivoyage, which says "Travel guides should not be written from a neutral point of view").
- Some allow non-wiki modes of collaboration and decision-making in some parts of their process (MediaWiki).
- Some allow limited use of fair-use media or other media that are not freely licensed.
- Wikimedia Foundation mission statement
- Wikimedia values — The five values of the Wikimedia Foundation
- In a nutshell, what is Wikipedia? And what is the Wikimedia Foundation? — The Wikimedia Foundation
- User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles
- Wikimedia Foundation Guiding Principles