|European Commission copyright consultation Introduction, timeline, and table of contents
We submitted our finalized answers to the European Commission on March 4th, 2014. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Further copyright reform discussion
If you're interested in participating in future discussions of copyright reform and Wikimedia, please join the conversation on the AdvocacyAdvisors mailing list.
I. Rights and the functioning of the Single Market
- B. Is there a need for more clarity as regards the scope of what needs to be authorised (or not) in digital transmissions?
- 1. The act of "making available"
- 2. Two rights involved in a single act of exploitation
- 3. Linking and browsing
- 4. Download to own digital content
- 1. Preservation and archiving
- 2. Off-premises access to library collections
- 3. E – lending
- 4. Mass digitisation
- B. Teaching
- C. Research
- D. Disabilities
VII. Other issues
Guides from other sources
Some other open culture/digital rights organizations also posted guides advising on how to respond. For reference:
- February 7, 2014: Finish Foundation text proposals, circulate for community comment/refinement.
- February 21, 2014: Finalize for submission.
- March 5, 2014: Submission deadline.