استشارة اللجنة الأوربية لحقوق النشر
|European Commission copyright consultation Introduction, timeline, and table of contents
||Access to online services|
- نظرة عامة على المناصرة
- المواقف الخاصة بالسياسات العامة
- مبادرة السياسة في الاتحاد الأوربي
- احتجاجات داخل المشروعات
The European Commission is considering modernizing European copyright laws. To get feedback and input on this modernization, the Commission published a series of questions, and asked organizations (like ours) to answer them. This was an important opportunity to influence EU copyright laws, and therefore an important opportunity for us to influence the future of the free knowledge movement. More background is available from the European Commission.
We submitted our finalized answers to the European Commission on March 4th, 2014. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Further copyright reform discussion
If you're interested in participating in future discussions of copyright reform and Wikimedia, please join the conversation on the AdvocacyAdvisors mailing list.
I. Rights and the functioning of the Single Market
- B. Is there a need for more clarity as regards the scope of what needs to be authorised (or not) in digital transmissions?
- 1. The act of "making available"
- 2. Two rights involved in a single act of exploitation
- 3. Linking and browsing
- 4. Download to own digital content
II. Limitations and exceptions in the Single Market
- 1. Preservation and archiving
- 2. Off-premises access to library collections
- 3. E – lending
- 4. Mass digitisation
- B. Teaching
- C. Research
- D. Disabilities
III. Private copying and reprography
IV. Fair remuneration of authors and performers
VI. A single EU Copyright Title
VII. Other issues
Guides from other sources
Some other open culture/digital rights organizations also posted guides advising on how to respond. For reference:
- February 7, 2014: Finish Foundation text proposals, circulate for community comment/refinement.
- February 21, 2014: Finalize for submission.
- March 5, 2014: Submission deadline.