ESEAP Virtual General Meeting (Meeting #15)
- Women in Red movement: edit-a-thon to improve pages about women on 12 October
- Maryana Iskander's Listening Tour – Conversation with Maryana Iskander, incoming CEO of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Social Media communication strategy of Wikimedia Indonesia
- WikiFundi : Offline Wiki editing
- Wikipedia Asian Month
- 08:30 UTC to 09:00 UTC Breakouts:
- Community After meeting Social and
- ESEAP Affiliate Executives (Chairpersons, Presidents/ Executive Directors/ Board representatives) meeting (separate calendar invite)
Maryana Iskander's Listening TourEdit
Maryana Iskander, the new CEO of the Wikimedia Foundation has committed herself to listening to the movement and seeking to understand. As part of her listening tour, she is keen to meet movement participants in and from the ESEAP region. During this interactive session, community members are warmly invited to together discuss and answer the following questions:
- What do you think about our vision, mission, and strategy?
- What motivates you to contribute to our projects and participate in your communities?
- What do you think about our impact and how we relate to the rest of the world?
- What do you think about our ways of working together?
MCDC selector appointment resultEdit
Affiliates get to select 6 people on the Movement Charter drafting committee. The Affiliates have been split into 8 geographic regions and all of us non-regional groups have been put together as one "Thematic Affiliates" group. Each of these 9 groups will appoint 1 "selector" who will work with the other 8 selectors to select candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee.
During the week of October 4th, the call to appoint the selector of ESEAP region affiliates has been proceed. The call was distributed to the all ESEAP affiliate representatives by email, and all affiliate reps are invited to nominate anyone to themselves. There was only one person volunteered, no other person are being nominated by affiliates.
Following the ESEAP meeting, the final decision meeting was proceed. This meeting was invited to all ESEAP Affiliate Executives (Chairpersons, Presidents/ Executive Directors/ Board representatives).
During the meeting with affiliate reps, the following person was appointed as selector of ESEAP affiliate region:
- Michael Tse (User:Michael (WMHKG)), WMHKG Director
How to connectEdit
The meeting will be done virtually via Google Meet. Meeting video call link: https://meet.google.com/vrg-pczo-bgv