دیوبَند کٕمیوٗنِیٹی وِکیٖمیٖڈیا
|دیوبَند کٕمیوٗنِیٹی وِکیٖمیٖڈیا|
|Founding date||۳۱ جُلے ۲۰۲۱|
|Approval date||۱۶ جَنؤری ۲۰۲۲|
|Main office||New Delhi, India|
|Official language(s)||English and Urdu|
|Incorporation paper||AffCom Resolution (2022)|
|Budget||depends on Grants|
|Affiliations||ایفلیشَن کمِیٹی، وِکیٖمیٖڈیا|
Deoband Community Wikimedia User Group (commonly known as, Deoband Community Wikimedia; abbreviated as DCW) is a recognized user-group affiliate of the Wikimedia, consisting of volunteer editors, primarily based in India. It focuses on the global Deobandi scholarship and aims at improving Wikipedia and its sister projects with related knowledge and information, at a global level, in any language. It does not limit itself to a single language project.
News and announcements
- 30-09-2022:Donia Al Domiaty had a one-hour long online interaction with DCW's female volunteers. The meet was hosted by Browniewikipedian at 9:30 PM on Google Meet app.
- 29-09-2022: The Bhopal Photo Event is scheduled to happen from 15 to 20 October 2022.
- 01-09-2022: DCW received a rapid grant of 980 USD to conduct the Bhopal Photo Event.
- 10-08-2022: DCW conducted a series of events related to Wikiquote in New Delhi.
- 01-07-2022: The first drive of the Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project was conducted throughout the month of July.
- 25-06-2022: Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project was initiated in collaboration with Yoruba Wikimedians User Group
- 19-06-2022: The community members met physically in Deoband to decide the future goals of the group.
The idea of Deoband Community Wikimedia (DCW) was thought of by TheAafi in July 2021, and it began to exist since 31 July 2021. It was introduced to its early members on 12 August 2021. Its strategies and future was further discussed in a meeting held on 20 November 2021. It was subsequently recognized by Affiliations Committee on 16 January 2022.
DCW focusses on anything related to the Darul Uloom Deoband, even at the distant contact; people, books, academic centers of learning, universities, whatever, at a global level. The Deobandi movement is one of the major contemporary movements that spreads throughout the world, through a plethora of Islamic institutions, scholars, and organizations. Since the group focuses on topics and issues that bear a connection with the Darul Uloom Deoband, commonly known as Deoband (irrespective of the town), the group is named the Deoband Community Wikimedia User Group.
DCW has worked on the English Wikipedia, through the DYK and the ITN. As a part of the program, Hayat al-Mashayaikh initiative was launched on various social media platforms in June 2021, to help promote the goals of the group and inspire people to write about the scholars associated with the Deoband Islamic seminary. DCW's major on-wiki accomplishments are recorded here.
Between 17 and 20 March 2022, an offline meet was arranged in Deoband in which a workshop event with the collaboration of Bayt al-Hikmah Deoband was planned. The workshop however remains postponed due to unavailability of resources. On 25 June 2022, the DCW began an international collaboration, Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project, aiming to include thematic content on Yoruba language Wikipedia. A series of meetups and little workshops about Wikiquote was organized between 7 August and 10 August 2022 in Delhi. Bhopal Photo Event which received a grant of 980 USD through Rapid Grants Program is scheduled to take place between 15 and 20 October 2022 in Bhopal, the capital city of Indian state Madhya Pradesh. A contest-based celebration of Wikidata's 10th birthday is proposed to happen on 29 or 30 October 2022.
DCW aims to freely share knowledge related to global Deobandi scholarship on Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia, Wikiquote, Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata. The objectives and strategies include:
- Promoting edit-a-thons related to global Deobandi scholarship for Wikipedia, Commons, Wikiquote, Wikidata and several other WMF projects.
- Inclusion and improvement of thematic knowledge over various language Wikimedia projects. DCW does not focus itself to a single language project.
- Doing collaborations with local and foreign affiliates and user groups for transferring the thematic knowledge to different languages. Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project aims for the inclusion of thematic knowledge on Yoruba language Wikipedia.