Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikiversity/Ability to change the license listed at the bottom of the page
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: The license at the bottom of each pages is the same site wide. This is less appropriate for sites that may have different licensing for different pages. This wikiversity example, or wikisource example are both licnesesd CC-BY, yet the bottom of the page still claims that they are CC BY-SA (No idea what the page metadata says).
- Who would benefit: Those making any pages that aren't CC BY-SA
- Proposed solution: Simply allow display of different licesnse (and altered page metadata) based on a template or category.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 08:24, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- Who should be making the decision about which license to use on a page, and what criteria should they utilize? Libcub (talk) 08:42, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Through it might vary for other projects, I'd envisage that in the case of wikisource, it's be decided based on the license of the original source, and in the case of wikiversity, it'd be decided by agreement of all the contributors (after which additional contributors would be editing under that new license). T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 09:17, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Individual users cannot have the power to change the license of the content. It seems more appropriate to make a separate project with the required license, if interested. Pages can have multiple licenses while being CC-BY-SA (as long as the other licenses or copyright statuses are more permissive, of course). Nemo 09:20, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 15:21, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support OhanaUnitedTalk page 16:23, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:37, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support 游魂 16:59, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 18:22, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Eyoungstrom (talk) 19:17, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 17:44, 2 December 2019 (UTC)