Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Reading/Make language conversion work in the Electron Pdfs Service
- Problem: Afaics it's still impossible to unify the variant of downloaded PDF files of pages, this could be a nightmare e.g. for a Taiwan user who does not have zh-hans knowledge (does "维基百科，自由的百科全書" fair for you rather than "维基百科，自由的百科全书" or "維基百科，自由的百科全書"?). PS: I was requesting Google Code In mentors to handle the task below, but no one replied me that's OK or not.
- Who would benefit: Users of wikis that have Language conversion support
- Proposed solution: post "variant" parameter from printable mode?
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T167603
- Translations: none yet
I think this will just happen once the underlying APIs become variant-aware (T43716, T159985) which is probably too specialized for Community Tech, and planned anyway. --Tgr (talk) 08:06, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Jc86035 (talk) 01:25, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support As proposer. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:22, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:06, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Shizhao (talk) 03:28, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 11:17, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support It will help a lot! Tigerzeng (talk) 16:01, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 03:01, 4 December 2017 (UTC)