Cascadia Wikimedians/2022 report
Activities and impact report edit
Limited in-person events in 2022 edit
As per the WMF risk assessment during COVID-19 guidance, as of March 2022, COVID-19 guidelines were no longer required. Starting in May 2022, the Seattle Wikipedians met for five meetups through October. During that time, there was only one coffeehouse with meeting space in Seattle that we could find that was open until 8pm. In November that coffehouse moved and opened with reduced hours. We now are planning to temporarily switch our meetup to the weekend in 2023 while there is a dearth of coffeehouses open into the evening.
The coronavirus/influenza/RSV tripledemic also limited the amount of free public meeting areas, especially in the public library system, so that we were not able to schedule a in-person annual meeting in 2022. In previous years (pre-pandemic), we had done hybrid meetings in which we would have an online conferencing option in addition to an in-person meeting in Seattle where most Cascadia Wikimedians reside. In 2023, the Seattle Public Library system has now reopened its meeting rooms as the pandemic has eased. We anticipate a general membership meeting shortly after the U.S. president ends COVID-19 and public health emergencies in mid-May.
- WikiConference North America 2022
- This event had participation from Cascadia Wikimedians. In particular, Peaceray contributed heavily to the development of the website pages for this event, as well as paticipating in ongoing meetings with the co-sponser, OpenStreetMap US.
- In his role as WikiEd employee, Sage Ross was one of the presenters for Tips & Tricks for the Programs & Events Dashboard
Event participation edit
- AfroCROWD HBCU edit-a-thon
- Three Cascadia Wikimedians were part of a panel for the Depths of Wikipedia LIVE! when Annie Rauwerda appeared in Seattle.
Inter-affiliate web meetings edit
Highlighted individual on-wiki participation edit
- Bri continues as a prolific English Wikipedia editor and of the The Signpost editors.
- Jmabel is an administrator and prolific editor on Commons.
- Peaceray continues in page patrol/anti-vandalism, welcoming, and citation improvements within English Wikipedia.
- SounderBruce continues as a prolific English Wikipedia editor.
Financial statement edit
There has been no financial activity for the past year.
Annual meeting edit
We did not hold our annual membership meeting in 2022, largely due to the fatigue due to pandemic. Instead we concentrated our efforts listed above. We are in the process of planning a membership meeting to be held online this June to elect additional board members and appoint officers. Last year's officers continue to serve in an acting capacity until our 2023 general membership meeting.