Wikinews and Blogs
How can they ping one another? Share breaking stories?
This page should collect ideas and comments about this bridge between sources. Please add major topics here, and carry on meta-discussions on the discussion page
A place to quickly discuss some of the important threads that have developed so far. See Chatlog
Wikimedians who blogEdit
Are there any points where your blog and Wikinews overlap? Could overlap? Have you considered using your blog as a repository for original reporting?
What are some examples of journalism in blogs?Edit
It's early days for me and blogging. For various reasons, I've been distracted from progressing with the development of my blogging application and actual content in it. However, I did write an article about Flash Mobbing, so that would be an example of journalism in a blog for you. http://www.lewishenshall.co.uk/blog/?blog_entry=3 Constafrequent 06:02, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
The bloggers loosely affiliated with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School have often done citizen journalism projects, including many trips to New Hampshire during the 2004 US presidential campaign to attend and report about candidate events.
Blog entries about the Feb. 5, 2005 IRC chat eventEdit
- well, not a Blog entry, but a nice text from Eloquence 
Dan100's top-of-head take-home thoughtsEdit
- Lots of people are working together on a better RSS feed solution for WN, and to allow bloggers to Trackback Wikinews. I hope these are implemented soon.
- As a short-term measure/experiment, I think I'll set up a blog and dump the new content on Latest news into it daily, thus giving a RSS feed and trackbacks etc. Xirzon's idea. Update: now live: Latest Wikinews Articles blog Dan100 18:00, 10 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Intergrating with the blogosphere:
- Finding good blogs: establish a page on WN where we list good blogs, and good aggregators. Editors interested in using RSS to get ideas for stories could then get an aggregator and drop feeds they're interested in into it. Like the Reference desk. Will probably need sub-dividing as per the news categories if it hits the big time. Update: Amgine added a Blogosphere section to n:Wikinews:Reference desk Dan100 18:00, 10 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Dan100 01:02, 6 Feb 2005 (UTC)