Wikimedians of Nepal/Annual Report 2016
Wikimedians of Nepal Annual Report 2016Edit
Wikipedia15 , Kathmandu , 16 Jan 2016Edit
Wikipedia has completed historical 15 years and Kathmandu Celebrated the happiness ! Wikipedians, Mozillians, FOSSians and Open Activists gathered and cherished the incredible moment the human civilization has made together .
- Saroj Dhakal
- Nirmal Dulal
- Nabin Sapkota
- Surit Aryal
- Shuvam Joshi
- Pratit Raj Giri
- Sanjog Sigdel
- Manish Jung Thapa
- Rhoit Amatya
- Shalil Awale
- Ashmita Adhikari
- Spandan Pradhan
Short outreach session was organized in Sagarmatha College of Engineering , Sanepa . Students from first year and second year B.Sc. CSIT took part . Students were around 70 in number and were eager to know more about wikipedia .
- Date:17 Jan 2016
- Sagarmatha College of Engineering , Sanepa, Lalitpur
- Yankee Maharjan
- Swojeet Kayastha
- Mukesh K. Karn
- Solar Kiranti
- Amogh Shakya
- Salina Maharjan
- Samreen Maharjan
- Prasamsha Pandey
- Shristi Lohani
- Saroj Khadka
- Pratikshya Maharjan
- Alisha Acharya
- Aditi Shrestha
- Saigal Amatya
- Ameerit Pokharel
2. Peoples' CampusEdit
Outreach program was organized for BBA 7 semester students in Peoples Campus. Number of participants was around 60 and 4 Wikipedians have facilitated the program.
- Date: 29th December, 2016
- People's Campus, Kathmandu
60 student of BBA 7th Semester of People's Campus
Nepali Wikipedia Admin Meetup/JanuaryEdit
This is first Meetup of Nepali Wikipedia Sysops (Administrators). It's high time we meet (online and offline) and discuss about the project and it's progress. We also talk about Wiki technology, MediaWiki, Local Wikipedia policies, articles base and other tasks. Feel free to join the discussion.
Participants and Project PageEdit
Nepali Wikipedia Admin Meetup/MarchEdit
This is second Meetup in 2016 of Nepali Wikipedia Sysops (Administrators). We discuss here about the annual felicitation program, its preparation, create a task force and fix date and venue for the event. Feel free to join the discussion.
Date and Time:March 13, 2016Edit
Venue: Siddhartha Cottage, Tinkune, Kathmandu
Participants and Project PageEdit
Wiki Women Edit-a-thonEdit
An editing competition that planned to organize by Wikimedians of Nepal with the aim to creating awareness about gender related issues and value the being of women .
- Feb-8 to Mar-8
- 428 women related articles created or improved
- Engaged 26 participants
- Online and offline article writing competition organized
Wikiproject Data-a-thon 2016Edit
Wikiproject Data-a-thon 2016 is online as offline Wikidata editing competition which is organized by Wikimedia Nepal in order to link the as much as data of Nepali Wikipedia with Wikidata which is the repository that provides a link to the wiki contents. This was organized during April 15, 2016 to May 15, 2016. and this program was first time launched on 1st April 2015.
- April 15, 2016 to May 15, 2016
- 1284 articles were linked and added
- Engaged 25 participants
- Online and offline edit-a-thon organized
Wiki-a-thon 2016 is an in-house edit-a-thon competition organize by Wikimedians of Nepal during the biggest festival of Nepal Dashain Tihar and Chhath to acquire the youth participation in the creative works rather than gambling and bad practices.
- Oct-1 to Nov-6
- 2500+ valid edits and 69 new articles were created by 20 participants during the competition
- Rise of new active users
Wiki Loves Monuments 2016-NepalEdit
Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photographic competition to promote cultural monuments around the World through Wikimedia projects (mainly Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons). Starting from the Netherlands in 2010, organized on a European level in 2011 and went global in 2012.
- 1st Sept, 2016 - 30th Sept, 2016
- 8608 photographs were been uploaded by the 163 contributors during the competition.
- 15+ photowalk around Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Kirtipur, Panauti, Rajbiraj, Janakpur etc
Top 10 PhotographsEdit
Wiki-Wistar(Wikipedia Outreach Program)Edit
- Wiki-Wistar(Wikipedia Outreach Program) conducted in Pratibha Community Library at Attariya, Kailali. This was the first Wiki-Wistar program at Attariya, Kailali i.e. Farwest part of Nepal.
Wikipedia volunteer Janak Bhatta presented about the Wikipedia and Wiki movement in Nepal.
- About Wikipedia and Wiki movement in Nepal.
- Incubation project(i.e. Doteli Wiki)
Wikipedia Asian Month- NepalEdit
Wikipedia Asian Month is an online Edit-a-thon aimed at promoting Asian content in Wikipedia. Each of the participating communities runs a local Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on their own language Wikipedias, which promotes the creation or improvement of the Wikipedia content about Asia except their own country. The participating community is not limited to Asia.
- 1st Nov, 2016 - 30th Nov, 2016
- 86 new articles were been created during the event related to famous personalities, books, culture, food, history and places.
BBC 100 Women EditathonEdit
An edit-a-thon organized by BBC in collaboration with Wikipedia with the aim to creating awareness about gender related issues and value the being of women .
Date: December 8, 2016
Venue: BBC Media Action Office, Sanepa, Lalitpur
Time: 11 AM to 4 PM NST
- Total articles created and modified:57
- Articles created and modified in Nepali Wikipedia:37
- Articles created and modified in English Wikipedia:20
- Total no. of photographs uploaded by participants : 22
- Total no. of participants: 38 (BBC Staffs + Wikipedians)
A Short outreach session was organized in Naxal, Kathmandu.
- Date:23 December 2016
- Place: Naxal, Kathmandu, Nepal