Wikimedians of Indiana User Group
Welcome to the Indiana Wikimedians User Group! A Wikimedia user group in the U.S. state of Indiana. The goal of the user group is to support and develop the Wikimedia movement and community in Indiana and Indianapolis.
Let's stay in touch! Edit
If you're interested in learning more about Wikimedians of Indiana User Group or staying up-to-date on our events please:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added our event mailing list. We will ONLY send out messages regarding upcoming events.
- Sign up below in the "Interested in participating Section" which will ensure you receive Talk page alerts and geo notices for upcoming events.
- If you're interested in more information, getting in touch to join the partner network, or for a training session please email us at email@example.com.
- To promote Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects within Indiana
- Help build and sustain the community of Wikimedia editors and allies in Indiana, with events and other programs
- Serve as a single point of contact for individuals and organizations interested in getting involved with Wikimedia projects
- Foster a support network of individuals and institutions with a professional interest in Wikipedia (e.g., cultural institutions, academia, etc.)
- Build capacity within the Wikimedia movement in Indiana through outreach, workshops, and similar activities
- Establish a sense of community for Indiana/Midwest Wikimedians
- To collaboratively improve the quality of Wikimedia project content through edit-a-thons, workshops, educational programs, and more. With a specific focus on content related to Indiana and the Midwest
- Saturday, May 13th, Indiana Politics & Government, 2023 editathon at The AMP at 16 Tech in Indianapolis, IN 46202. Free parking, training and lunch/refreshments will be provided. Hope to see you there!
Check back soon - we have several events in the works that we will be finalizing dates and details for soon. We will be planning more evening and weekend activities this Spring/Summer so we can connect with more editors. If you have ideas or would like to collaborate on an event, please reach out via the Discussion page.
Past Events Edit
- Indiana Women in Art editing event with Newfields, March 17, 2023.
- Afrofuturism & Speculative Fiction editing events with IUPUI students, faculty, and librarians, February 2023.
- Environmental Justice editathon with IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute and Indiana University - Bloomington, November 2022
- Food deserts & food policy editathon with Ruth Lilly Law Library in Indianapolis, IN in July 2022.
- Wiki Loves Pride Indianapolis in June 2022
We will be announcing more events soon, and are looking to expand across the state and city of Indianapolis. Please reach out to us to collaborate!
There have been a handful of Wikimedia meetups and events in Indianapolis over the last several years, typically tied to the Indiana Historical Society, the Indiana Historical Bureau, Indianapolis museums, and IUPUI's libraries. The Indiana Wikimedians User Group was created in the spring and summer of 2022 as a more concentrated effort to expand the Wikimedia movement within Indianapolis and Indiana as a whole.
Contact information Edit
You can also visit our Wikipedia/Meetup page.
Interested in participating Edit
- Jaireeodell (talk) 18:42, 24 August 2022 (UTC)
- Hoosier by birth. Rosiestep (talk) 16:19, 12 October 2022 (UTC)
- JamieF (talk) 16:42, 1 November 2022 (UTC)
- Gemmicka (talk) 16:42, 1 November 2022 (UTC)
- Kiwigirl3850 (talk) 19:39, 3 November 2022 (UTC)
- Hoosier by birth, Boilermaker by the grace of God. Invinciblewalnut (talk) 20:44, 4 November 2022 (UTC)
- Clorox (talk) 16:59, 12 November 2022 (UTC)
- —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 21:46, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- Polleyda11 (talk) 10:17, 12 April 2023 (UTC)
- Coateshl (talk) 12:19, 12 April 2023 (UTC)
- Olgrmac (talk) 14:35, 12 April 2023 (UTC)
- Tdoolzz (talk) 11:22, 13 April 2023 (UTC)