Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group/2016-2017 Report
Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group Annual Report.
For 2016 please see hereː * Annual Report 2015-2016
- Online Edit-a-thon about Cultural Monuments of Albania (I) 28–29 January
- Online Edit-a-thon about Cultural Monuments of Albania (II) 4–5 February
- Wikidata: How to start editing. During the event was shown a general introduction about Wikidata. How to edit items and how Wikidata is contected with other Wikimedia projects
- ∞womenwikidays (13 May - ongoing) is a group challenge of Wikiproject Women, in which members of this competition aim at the creation of (at least) one article about Womens every day for infinite days in future.
- WoALUG supported participation and coverage of Albania and Kosovo in CEE Spring 2017. 206 articles about Albania and 126 about Kosovo were contributed.
- In May more than 600 historical photos from present day Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece and Montenegro from the photo collections made available online by Robert Elsie at albanianphotography.net were uploaded to commons. They enrich historical depiction of the these countries and people.
- ∞womenwikidays (ongoing) is a group challenge of Wikiproject Women, in which members of this competition aim to create (at least) one article every day about Women, for continuously infinite days in the future.
- Prishtina University - International Summer University (UPISU) 2017 Photo Challenge
- University of Prishtina, Kosovo, asked FLOSSK/WoALUG to help them organize a photo competition between 4-11 July during their International Summer University. UPISU attracts about 800 students, most of them come from Kosovo and other countries in South-East Europe. This was our first project working with Prishtina University and provided an opening for future cooperation with them.
- Wikivoyage editathon on Kosovo topics - 14 mostly first-time wiki editors, made contributions to Wikivoyage articles related to Kosovo on 3 June. Articles edited the Kosovo, Prizren, Gjakova, Peja and Mitrovica articles, along with articles about the neighboring countries that related to Kosovo. Participants proof-read, updated, illustrated, mapped and added content to articles. Some participants went on to work on articles beyond the editathon. Editathon was organized in conjunction with FLOSSK.
- ∞womenwikidays (ongoing) is a group challenge of Wikiproject Women, in which members of this competition aim at the creation of (at least) one article about Womens every day for infinite days in future.
- Wikimedia Diversity edit-a-thon- the main goal of this event was to improve subjects about diversity on Albanian Wikipedia and Wikidata. During the event the participants added new articles, improved new ones, on Albanian Wikipedia, and then improved items missing on Wikidata.