Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong
In line with the latest decision by the WMF on COVID, we will not host offline events until a risk assessment is carried out.
Note to District Councillors in Hong Kong: Yes we are collecting portraits of District Councillors for uploading to Wikimedia Commons.
Not to be confused with the Wikimedia Hong Kong.
|Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong|
Location of Hong Kong within China
|Legal status||Non-profit org|
|Founding date||9 February 2017|
|Approval date||28 September 2018 |
|Official language(s)||Cantonese, English|
|Other language(s)||Chinese, Japanese|
Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong (WMHKG) is a Wikimedian user group covering the geographic region of Hong Kong. Affiliate status recognized by Affiliations Committee on 28 September 2018.
Residents of Hong Kong are welcome to join the user group. Non-locals can join also at this stage, but may subject to alterations of rights to participate in community matters. We also consider membership from people who are having connections with Hong Kong.
- To raise awareness of the Wikimedia movement and free knowledge culture among Hong Kong citizens.
- To support Hong Kong Wikimedian communities in contributing to the Wikimedia Movement, including but not limited to English, Chinese, Cantonese and other Wikimedia projects.
- To facilitate exchange of academic knowledge and cultural inheritance through Wikimedia projects in Hong Kong.
- To co-operate with Wikimedia Foundation and its affiliates, Wikimedian communities and other organisations to further goals of the Wikimedia movement and enrich the Wikimedia projects.
- To protect rights that the Wikimedia movement needs to provide existing services in Hong Kong.
- We have hosted (and supported) multiple events since our formation in February 2017. Since 1 January 2019, events which we engage in are categorized into the following categories
- Meetups ( Main: Meetup/Hong Kong)
- Tutorials, Workshops and Editathons
- Seminars and Forums
- Education Projects (WikiEDU in Hong Kong)
There is no single person in charge.
|Contacts for:||User/Person Responsible / In Charge|
|Tutorials, Editathons and Meetups||無聊龍 or だ＊ぜ|
|User Group Chat (Telegram) Access||無聊龍, WhisperToMe or だ＊ぜ|
The directors for current reporting period (RP 2021/2022 and 2022/2023) are:
- All interested users should contact one director to apply for User Group membership. The board will then jointly review the application.
- For interested users under 18, the application will go under extra review from active members of the User Group as to protect underage participants in Wikipedia.
- User:Jarl Sverre
- User:Smallpei (User:CCP2017)
- User:Oshawott 12
Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong currently does not accept donations in monetary form (or stock, etc.). Please donate directly to the Wikimedia Foundation through this link.
For other kinds of support, such as provision of venues and beverages during meetups, sponsoring user group activities, etc., please contact the Board directly. The list of directors can be found above.
Policies, reports, statements and resolutionsEdit
- 2018-10-04 - AffCom's resolution to recognise the Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong
- 2019-02-12 - 2017-2018 Annual Report (2017-02-09 - 2018-09-27)
- 2019-05-16 - User Group Resolution regarding the Fugitive Offenders Amendment Bill 2019 (Updated 2019-08-05)
- 2019-05-22 - Safe Space Policy
- 2019-08-26 - Board Election 2019
- 2019-09-28 - 2018-2019 Annual Report
- 2019-10-08 - Statement regarding the usage of Emergency Regulations Ordinance
- 2020-05-30 - Statement regarding the implementation of National People's Congress Decision on Hong Kong National Security Legislation
- 2020-10-07 - 2019-2020 Annual Report
- 2021-01-14 - Press Release: Wikipedia Celebrates its 20th Year of Collaborative Free Knowledge
- 2021-09-27 - 2020-2021 Annual Report
- 2022-10-24 - 2021-2022 Annual Report
- As to the WMHKG's resolutions, please refer to the sub-page "Resolutions" for more details.
- ↑ "Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong by the Affiliations Committee.". Retrieved 4 October 2018.