Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong/Board Election 2019
In September 2019, the Board (formerly known as the Committee of Group Liaisons) of the User Group will be re-elected for the coming 1-year Reporting Period starting from 28 September 2019.
We want to invite nominations for candidates to be elected to the User Group Board in this process. Please help us by distributing this call for candidates as widely as possible through such forums as mailing lists, village pumps, and blogs.
All dates are inclusive.
- 26-31 August: Notice period
- 1-7 September: Nomination period
- 8-10 September: Cooling-off period
- 11-18 September: Voting period
- 28 September 2019 - 27 September 2020: Term of Office for new board members
Call for Nominations edit
Please read the whole text below carefully before nominating yourself. If you do not meet the following requirements, you might be disqualified.
Before applying for Board Membership, you must:
- agree to abide by the Foundation policies governing Affiliates, the User Group Agreement and Code of Conduct, and all internal policies of the User Group;
- have been a User Group member for at least 6 months, and has made 300 or more contributions to a Wikimedia project;
- not fall under the definition of a "Banned Individual" under the User Group Safe Space Policy, at the moment when the nomination period ends;
- be willing to provide your real-life identity and your contact to AffCom, in order to fulfill the role as Primary Contacts to AffCom.
Please nominate candidates below. For nominations other than self-nominations, the nominee must state his/her consent explicitly before the nomination period ends.
Election System edit
- The number of seats to be elected is 2-4 inclusive.
- If fewer than 2 eligible nominations are received, the nomination period would be extended for 7 days once.
- If the number of nominations still remains below 2 after the extension period, the election process will end. The previous term of the board members will be extended automatically for 90 days afterwards. Another board election will take place during the 90-day period.
- If the number of eligible nominations falls between 2 and 4, then all eligible nominees are elected by default. No voting will be needed.
- If more than 4 eligible nominations are received, then voting would take place using the Borda count system. The 4 highest-ranked candidates would be elected.
Before you vote, you must have been a User Group member for at least 30 days before the voting period starts.
You must rank all candidates according to your preference using the table provided below. If you need to change your vote after, you are permitted to do so. You may also enter an optional rationale for your vote.
As only 4 eligible nominations are received, all 4 nominees are elected by default.