Add new items at the top of the current month using: *~~~~~ '''Headline'''<br />, followed by your text.
- 17:56, 20 August 2005 (UTC) OTRS back
OTRS, the system used for managing e-mail enquiries, is now functioning again after the recent server crash at Kennisnet.
- 17:56, 20 August 2005 (UTC) Sites switched to MediaWiki 1.6
All Wikimedia sites are now running version 1.6 - the HEAD-CVS - of MediaWiki. This will allow new features to be released more quickly, but will also require more testing of software change. Tim Starling explains more in a post the wikitech mailing list.
- 12:00, 20 August 2005 (UTC) August 18 Board meeting report available
- 18:00, 19 August 2005 (UTC) Fundraising drive begins
The Wikimedia Foundation and all its projects are growing at a rate faster than we ever dreamed. To meet our needs for this quarter alone, the Wikimedia Foundation needs your help to raise $200,000 in our first fundraising drive in six months. (Angela Beesley)
- 18:00, 17 August 2005 (UTC) Chief Research Officer resigns
Erik Möller, the Chief Research Officer of the Wikimedia Foundation has submitted his resignation to the Board, stating that fruitful collaboration is no longer possible due to personal differences and a fundamental disagreement about the nature and scope of the role. (Angela Beesley)
Wikimania 2005: The First International Wikimedia Conference
Wikimania 2005 was held between August 4 and August 8. This was the First International Wikimedia Conference and was attended by around 400 Wikimedians. See the official Wikimania site at wikimania.wikimedia.org for more information. (Angela Beesley)
Wikimedia Board of the Trustees election 2005. After two weeks' of voting, from 28 June to 11 July, the Wikimedia Board of the Trustees has seen its two user representatives re-elected with a large margin, in an election involving over 1400 active Wikimedia project contributors. The final results of the 2005 elections to the Wikimedia Board of Trustees are as follows, along with the number of votes received:
- Angela (Angela Beesley) - 1044
- Anthere(Florence Nibart-Devouard) - 823
- Sj (Samuel Klein) - 487
- Cimon avaro (Jussi-Ville Heiskanen) - 374
- Arno Lagrange - 306
- Francis Schonken - 178
Congratulations to both of the re-elected representatives, and the other candidates, who all made a strong showing and brought many important issues to the forefront.
The Elections Officials wish to thank everyone who voted in the elections, noting that they found no evidence of fraud after a week's review, and wish the new Board a successful and productive two years. Danny and Datrio
- Annual meeting of Wikimedia Deutschland. On Sunday 26th June, 2005 Wikimedia Deutschland held its annual meeting at the c-base in Berlin and elected its new board. Kurt Jansson, Arne Klempert, Henriette Fiebig and Elisabeth Bauer were confirmed in their positions as executive board members, additional members are Patrick Danowski, Dirk Franke, Nina Gerlach, Martin Haase, Christian Thiele und Jakob Voß. The protocol of the meeting (in German) can be found here. (Elian)