Wikimedia CH/Respectful behavior space policy
Respectful behavior space policy of Wikimedia CH
Purpose and scopeEdit
- Wikimedia CH organises activities in order to pursue its strategy;
- All our activities are open to everyone, regardless of background and prior involvement, who wish to help us achieve this objective;
- We expect participants to show friendliness and civility and we expect that volunteers and staff should be treated with courtesy;
- We are dedicated to provide a respectful, transparent, and harassment-free space in our events and these expectations are needed to ensure a pleasant environment for focused discussions where contributors engage respectfully;
- This policy will be applied equally whether an event takes place online or in person.
- We do not tolerate harassment of contributors in any form and a disruptive or discriminatory behavior which prevents others to participate in Wikimedia CH activities;
- "Activities" include online and offline activities and include also activities connected with Wikimedia projects;
- Harassment includes:
- offensive comments related to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, or religion;
- violence, threats of violence, deliberate intimidation and personal attacks;
- stalking, following, or continued one-on-one communications after being asked to cease;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of discussion;
- deliberate disruption of talks, programs, or events;
- deliberate "outing" of any person’s identity without their consent;
- publication of non-harassing private communication;
- persistent intrusion into the private lives of those who choose to participate in Wikimedia CH activities.
- Activity organisers are responsible for ensuring this policy is followed;
- Activity organisers are:
- The board members of Wikimedia CH;
- Each staff member of Wikimedia CH;
- Any additional person or persons delegated by the President to carry out actions pursuant to this Policy;
- If the Activity organizers or members of volunteers are concerned about the conduct of an individual, or receive a complaint, the Activity organizers should take action appropriate to the situation;
- Comments that violate these expectations will be hidden or removed;
- Violators will be asked to stop any harassing behavior and are expected to comply immediately. In some cases this might be a private warning to the person concerned asking them to change their behaviour. In more serious cases it may be necessary to ask the person to leave;
- If necessary, activity organisers may take more effective actions;
- If someone is harassed, or notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, the correct behavior is to contact one of the Activity organisers immediately;
- Any action taken should be promptly reported to the Chief Executive.
- As last solution, when an individual exhibits a pattern of unacceptable behaviour, or if they seek to participate for reasons other than the advancement of our association's objectives, then the Activity organisers should recommend to the Board that that individual be excluded to attend Wikimedia CH events, to participate in Wikimedia CH programs, to receive funds from Wikimedia CH, or otherwise to make use of Wikimedia CH resources. Such exclusion will take effect pending a resolution of the Board;
- Any individual banned pursuant to this Policy shall be notified of such ban in writing, which may be delivered by electronic mail by the President;
- The ban can be removed after a resolution of the Board and will be notified by the President.
- A notice regarding this Policy shall be publicly posted at any event to which it applies, provided that Wikimedia CH has both authority and reasonable means to effect such posting.
- The following sample notice may be used as the notice regarding this policy at events:
- Wikimedia CH is dedicated to provide a safe space for everyone, regardless of race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, religion, marital status, or veteran status.
- Harassment includes offensive comments related to any protected personal characteristic, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. This applies to everyone, including event staff and sponsors.
- Our Safe Space Policy can be found at <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CH/Respectful_behavior_space_policy>.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of event staff immediately. We value your attendance.
This is copy of the policy published in Members' wiki of Wikimedia CH. Please note that in case of conflict, the members' wiki version of this statement prevails.