Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020/Programme/Submissions/5 Ways to Make Movement Strategy Work for your Community or Organization
- Title of the submission
5 Ways to Make Movement Strategy Work for your Community or Organization
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
Nicola Zeuner (WMDE)
- Track (COVID-19, Basic capacity development, Advanced capacity development)
Advanced capacity development
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
The recently published movement strategy recommendations hold much promise for the empowerment of smaller communities - in terms of decision-making, funding and governance, as well as in connecting with other parts of the movement for building capacity and pooling resources. This session will offer ways in which participants can take advantage of the changes that will happen in the movement over the next few years. We will share some of the strategies we are employing at WMDE to work with communities, staff, funders and other stakeholders in the context of knowledge equity and knowledge service.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Participants will leave the session with a deeper understanding of concrete opportunities provided through the structural changes in movement funding and governance, and how they can take advantage of these opportunities.
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
I am not available for a session on Oct.3rd
- Slides or further information
slides will be addded later
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).