Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020
Stay Stronger Online!
This page contains important information about the online meeting.
Considering that the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 is an online event open to participants from any place around the globe, it is highly probable that participants will have to adjust their exact time. For that purpose, all times in the schedule are set to UTC in order to ease the calculation of the offset.
The programme of the event will be divided into three days — the first day with a reduced schedule and the other two with a full schedule.
|2 October (Friday)
||16:00 – 21:00 (UTC)
|3 October (Saturday)
||08:00 – 18:00 (UTC)
|4 October (Sunday)
||08:00 – 15:00 (UTC)
For more details regarding the programme, please see the schedule.
The registration for the conference can be done online at any time until the start of the conference. Every individual contributor from the Wikimedia movement (not only from the CEE communities) with a Wikimedia account is an eligible participant. All interested participants are required to confirm their registration and get their tickets for free on the following link.
For more details regarding registration, please see the list of participants.
The online conference will be hosted using Zoom. The conference link can be found on this page and the passcode will be shared with all registered participants via email due to security reasons.
Step-by-step guide on how to use Zoom for the purpose of the event is given in turn.
- Step 1a: Go to the Download Center and download "Zoom Client for Meetings".
- Step 2: Install the program/app on your computer/mobile device.
- Step 3: Open the conference link and type the passcode shared with you via email.
- Step 1: Click on the "Interpretation" button from the toolbar on the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the preferred language you want to hear (only English or Russian).
- Step 1: Open the presentation on your computer/mobile device at full screen mode.
- Step 2: Share your screen with the other participants on the "Share Screen" button from the toolbar on the bottom of the screen. This function is available only to participants with a co-host function which will be assigned to speakers by the session facilitator(s).
- Step 3: Start your talk in English or Russian with the on-screen presentation.
- Step 1: Click on the "Participants" button from the toolbar.
- Step 2: Navigate to the bottom of the newly opened box and click on the "Raise Hand" button.
- Step 3: Share your thoughts in English or Russian upon unmuting after getting called by the speaker or facilitator.
- Note 1: The speaker(s) facilitating the session will have to call you upon raising a hand so that you can join the discussion. You will see a pop-up window asking to unmute yourself. You will be heard by the other participants upon unmuting. By default, all participats, apart from the speaker(s) and facilitator(s), will be muted to avoid chaos.
- Note 2: If you do not have any preference not to show your face during the meeting or you do not lack a camera, it is highly recommended to turn on your camera on the "Start Video" button from the toolbar.
- Step 1: Click on the "Breakout Rooms" button from the toolbar on the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: Set your desired options on the pop-up window and click on the "Create Rooms" button.
- Note 1: The speaker(s) facilitating the session should assign the names of participants in each breakout room. Participants will see a pop-up window asking to join a breakout room.
- Note 2: The facilitators of the breakout rooms will be allowed to record the discussion in their rooms. You will see a "Record" button on the toolbar that you have to click on in order to start recording upon joining the breakout room and use the "Pause/Stop Recording" menu to pause or stop recording.
- Click on the "End" button located on the right end of the toolbar on the bottom of the screen.
Notes on etherpads will be taken for most of the sessions and a chronological listing of links to the sheets can be found on the documentation page.
All sessions will be recorded and subsequently uploaded to Wikimedia Commons under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licence in a specific videos category.
The presentation slides used during the sessions is recommended to be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 licence in a specific presentations category.
Friendly space policy & securityEdit
Taking into account that civility and assuming good faith are core principles of the Wikimedia movement, all participants have to abide by the friendly space policies throughout the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020.
In case you witness any violation of the friendly space policies, please report the observed behvaiour to any of the Safety Team members: