Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Trying New Forms of Wikipedia Assignments: Experience from Civic Responsibility Project Course
- Title of the submission
Experimenting New Forms of Wikipedia Assignments: Experience of Civic Responsibility Project Course
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- lightning talk
- Author(s) of the submission
Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
WMTR is conducting Wikipedia Education Program in Turkish universities since 2015. We try to experiment different types of assignments and see results. This session is to share one of our latest experience where students were were not asked to edit Wikipedia articles but asked to plan and oranize a civic society project using Wikimedia projects and discuss results.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
This session would inspire the communities about how to introduce university students with Wikimedia projects and how to raise awareness on the diverse ways of contributing.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).