Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Supporting editors with real-time chat
Supporting editors with real-time chat
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Community building and sustainability
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
The main channel for supporting editors, especially editors, is Wikipedia talk pages, which are often too slow the purpose (such as asking for help when stuck during editing). The talk will explain some ways in which real-time chat could be more helpful, introduces Matrix, a chat platform which is a good match for Wikipedia, and sketches some of the integration options.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Provides people with an entry point into the ongoing project of building a real-time chat platform that's suitable for volunteer support.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).