This page contains material from Wikimedia Australia that is not longer current, but may be of interest.
These documents are not currently being considered, or are for reference only.
- A version of the rules which essentially writes our own rules at Wikimedia Australia/Draft Rules of Association for Victoria.
- Draft Constitution. Read the summary or full log.
- Draft Mission Statement
- Draft Rules
- Constitution planning - describes the kind of constitution we want to have initially at incorporation and beyond.
- Wikimedia Australia/Draft Constitution based on consensus. Read the summary or full log.
- Wikimedia Australia/Draft Constitution based on model rules from NSW
- Model rules for the state of NSW
- Proposals for an organisation group to look at the issues surrounding starting WMA are at Wikimedia Australia/Organisation Group.
Todo/Issues for EstablishmentEdit
Please discuss these on the Discussion page.
- Organisational structure: Should the chapter be an incorporated association, co-operative or a non-profit company?
- Obtaining an ABN: this can only be done once the above is done
- Establishment costs: Where will money to set the chapter up come from?
- Governing committee: How will the organisation be governed?
- Taxation: Would the chapter be eligible for income tax exemption and deductible gift recipient status.
- Fundraising: In NSW a fundraising licence is needed to solicit donations for some organisations. Would this apply to the chapter?