Hungarian Revolution of 1956Edit
By the request of the Hungarian community Armenian community joined the article writing contest on the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. 12 participants edited 139 articles on the Hungarian Revolution on October 1-31.
Working with schools and universitiesEdit
Since 2016 July Wikimedia Armenia has continued to involve more students to the Education program as well as to retain already active ones. WM AM Education program participants work on 3 wikimedia projects: Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikisource.
Workshops conducted within Wikipedia Education program:
- October 4 - workshop for the students of Charentsavan school after Mesrop Mashtots
- October 8 - workshop for the students of Armenian State Pedagogical University, Faculty of Preschool Education
- October 12 - workshop for the students of Charentsavan school after Mesrop Mashtots
- October 14 - workshop for the students of Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts
- October 15 - workshop for the students of Yerevan N190 school after G. Gulbenkian
- October 18 - workshop for the students of Charentsavan school after Mesrop Mashtots
- October 19 - workshop for the students of Mrgavan secondary school (2-3 times a week workshops are conducted in this school by the teacher of informatics)
- October 22 - workshop for the students of Yerevan N190 school after G. Gulbenkian
Western Armenian programEdit
The Western Armenian team promoted the project in different conferences and events in Armenia thus increasing public awareness and outreach of the project among Western Armenians living in Armenia. One of this conferences was the “Western Armenian language in Armenia: Challenges, Prospects” conference. The conference was organized by the Youth Council of the Aleppo Compatriotic Charitable Organization with the support from the Ministry of Education and Science of Armenia and the Armenian General Benevolent Union. The conference aimed at finding solutions for preservation and development issues of the Western Armenian language in Armenia.
We also carried on with the recruiting new volunteers in the Diaspora. After the Summer WikiCamp 2016 in Portugal, Turkish-Armenian participants tried to establish a new WikiClub in Istanbul. On the 6th of October, 2016, participants began their first workshop at Istanbul National Central College encouraging the students and teaching how to edit Western Armenian articles.
Every Saturday Wikimedia Armenia organizes open workshops edit-a-thons at the WM AM office where new editors are taught how to edit different wiki projects and the experienced editors participate in edit-a-thons dedicated to different themes. Anyone interested in wiki projects, Wikipedia, wiki editing and needing assistance, as well as wiki editors, who want to edit in pleasant atmosphere participate in these workshops. We have about 15-20 participants in each workshop. Among them there are also active wiki editors of hywiki, hywiktionary, hywikisource, Wikidata who help to conduct the workshops.