WM CEE Meeting 2015Edit
Wikimedia Armenia had 2 participants in CEE meeting Estonia, who presented 3 talks - How Wikipedia Education Program works in a WikiClub, How to organize a WikCamp in another country. WikiCamp in Lebanon and Translator's Corner. Contributing without knowing Wiki Markup. First two presentations were about WM AM Wikipedia Education program in the regions of Armenia and in Armenian Diaspora.
Wiki Loves ScienceEdit
- 5 workshops out of proposed 20+ were organized in different educational and scientific institutions.
- 25 of newly registered editors during workshops out of proposed 80, 3 of which are active editors by January 30.
- 27 of 40 stub articles created and improved during workshops.
- 3 edit-a-thons organized in September, October and December.
- About 22 participants in each edit-a-thon
- 70 high-quality articles created and improved out of 400
- 159 middle-quality articles created and improved out of 1000
- Workshops in different educational and scientific institutions
5 workshops were organized in different scientific and educational institutions, including 3 workshops at AGBU Virtual College, 2 workshops with Psychology Faculty of ASU.
In the scope of Wiki Loves Science program 3 edit-a-thons were organized on September 25-27, October 30-November 1 and December 18-20 in Aghveran. See below the metrics of each edit-a-thons.
Wiki Loves MonumentsEdit
- Promote free-content and free-knowledge in Armenia,
- Promote historic preservation in Armenia,
- 26,528 photos uploaded (out of proposed 23,919-33,919) (10000+ files) by October 1,
- 81 participants out of proposed 100,
- 152 new Armenian-heritage-related articles created on Wikipedia by January 1,
- 824 images were used on Wikimedia projects out of proposed 300
In 2015, Armenia joined Wiki Loves Monuments photo contest, which was the second time Armenia participated. The photo contest had 81 participants, 26,528 photos were uploaded. In October, a photo expedition was organized having 18 photographers. Participants visited Armenian cultural and historic heritage places, especially those, that lack information and media on Wikimedia projects. Wiki Loves Monuments awarding ceremony was during Wikipedia 15 celebration. Authors of three best photos and authors of most uploaded photos were awarded. A Wiki-calendar was designed and printed with WLM 2015 photos. All participants of Wiki Loves Monuments received Wiki-calendars as presents.