- Official wiki: wikimania2006.wikimedia.org.
- Location: Harvard Law School campus buildings
- Attendance: 400
- Number of attendee countries:
- Conference languages: English
- Cost to attend:
- Accommodation: Dorms in Boston 690 beds in the law school dorms (+ ~100 rooms Lesley College dorm).
- Keynote speakers: Jimmy Wales, Lawrence Lessig, Brewster Kahle, Mitch Kapor, David Weinberger.
- Link to CfP: Wikimania 2006 Call for Participation
- Link to program proceedings:
- Session videos:
- Preconferences: Hacking Days beforehand (at OLPC, organized by Ivan Krstic); Citizen journalism post-conference
- WMF organizational meetings, special meetings: WMF Board panel, open to all conference attendees, chapters meeting, more
- Program software used:
- Program review process used:
- Themes: (5 themes) Technical infrastructure; Wikimedia projects and content; Free knowledge and access to information; Wiki social science; Law and Policy.
- Types of submissions: Panels, Workshops, Presentations, Posters, BOFs (Birds-of-a-Feather/discussion sessions), artistic submissions (artistic submissions are only mentioned).
- Parallel sessions: 6 (plus an open space).
- Program committee: Angela Beesley - Wikia, Inc. / Wikimedia Foundation, Inc; Nicholas Boalch - University of Durham; Andrea Forte - Georgia Institute of Technology; Ivan Krstic - Harvard University; Cormac Lawler - University of Manchester; Joseph Reagle - New York University; Martin Roell - Unaffiliated; Alex Schenck - University of Rhode Island.
- Link to photos: Wikimania 2006 on Wikimedia Commons
- Number of journalists:
- Media stories:
- Planning wiki: mostly on meta, teamwiki, some on the '06 wiki
- Program/registration software used: Indico for the program/CFP (deployed and run by Ivan); '06 wiki for proceedings; in-house software written by Austin for registration
- Planning mailing list:
Budget and funding:
- Общий бюджет:
- Scholarship budget:
- Total scholarships awarded:
- Link to budget breakdown:
- Funds from the WMF:
- Sponsors: Berkman Center for Internet and Society (partner organization). Patron: Answers.com. Benefactors: Amazon.com, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Nokia, wikiHow; Friends: wetpaint, ask.com, yahoo, socialtext. Supporters: IBM, FAQ Farm, Elevation Partners, One Laptop per Child, The Sunlight Foundation. List of the sponsors.
- Postmortem page: https://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Post_conference_comments
- Suggestions page: Talk:Wikimania 2006
- Отчёты о бюджете:
- Прочие отчёты: