Wiki Loves Calligraphy
About Wiki Loves CalligraphyEdit
Wikimedia Loves Calligraphy is a project which aims at creating free calligraphy usable within Wikimedia projects and beyond around important themes decided by the community.
The idea came from looking at Haytham Abulela ALY profile which exhibits a wonderful calligraphy of its own name as realised by the Dubai-based calligrapher and graphic artist Nihad Nadam. The latter offers on request to write non-Arabic first names in Arabic letters for free. From there the idea quickly araised to launch a project aiming at adding more calligraphic artworks on Commons with terms such as "free culture", or "wikimedia".
- establish and complete roadmap along the road
- communicate around the project idea, gather feedback, assimilate it in the goals
- establish clearer goals: how many and which terms should be aimed at, budget, deadline…
- Maybe the list of terms could be derived from list of vital articles
- communicate around the results, actively support reuse within Wikimedia projects
Participate in organisationEdit
Be bold: give feed back in the discussion page, directly edit this page, endorse the project or register as participant!