Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Uganda
Proposal for Wiki Loves Africa in 2016
WLAf 2016 Uganda Edit
Measures of success Edit
- Number of participants : 20
- Number of photos uploaded: 750
- Number of new users: 10
- Having atleast 2 of the new participants in WLA 2015 taking part in the 2016 Competition.
- Create a minimum of 2 articles, before or during the 2016 competition that make use of any previous WLA Contest.
Possible Programs Edit
- A Presentation to orient, give roles to new and old participants to Wikimedia projects and the contest.
- 2 Wiki-Editathons on usage of the photos to create articles.
- 5 Photo hunts, emphasising involvement of quality professional photography.
- 2 Group upload sessions
- An event of music and dance in one of the regions of Uganda
Possible partners Edit
- German cultural foundation Uganda
- Bayimba Foundation
- Ndere centre
- The planets with Annet Nandujja
- Royal Danish Embassy
- Center for Cultural development
- Erina Mukuta - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Ssebaggala Douglas - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Maureen Nakiyimba - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Samson Ngumenawe - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Aubry Arihona - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Emmanuel Adiba - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
- Kalungi Nathan - Wikimedia User Group Uganda
|Category||Item||Description||Quantity||Unit Cost USD||Total Cost USD|
|Internet and phone expenses||Voice and Data||Internet and Phone Credit||10||20||200|
|Marketing Campaign||Press||Blog posts, articles, or newspapers||1||40||40|
|Communication - Marketing||A3 Posters||Publicity for two main editathons||2||2||4|
|Communication - Marketing||Stickers||To all the participants.||20||0.2||4|
|Communication - Marketing||Pull Up Banner||To be used at all the events||1||80||80|
|Communication - Marketing||T-Shirts||For participating individuals||20||7||140|
|Photo Hunts||Taking new photos and visiting photographers||5||-||-|
|Events||Material||User group Camera||1||98||98|
|Events||Venue for editathons||Rent||2||70||140|
|Salaries and stipends||Stipends||Participants||20||15||300|
|Miscellaneous||Bank Charges, e.t.c||1||4||4|
Part of the budget funded : 1000 dollars.
We are please to inform you that we have allocated money to support Wiki Loves Africa 2016 in your country ! The entirety of the sum will be sent before the beginning of the contest. Please check out guidelines for next steps on the African ML. Thanks Anthere (talk)
- since the allocated budget is slightly less than asked for, feel free to update your budget with the new figures, but please let the old figures there as well (strick them))