WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Wikimedia in the age of social media: A case study of the Igbo Language
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 011
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia in the age of social media: A case study of the Igbo Language
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning Talk
- Author of the submission
- Blossom Ozurumba
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Blossom Ozurumba
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Igbo Wikimedians User Group (Awaiting Recognition)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In the course of carrying out a successful project tagged Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon which had the aim to improve the presence of notable Igbo women on Wikipedia Igbo Language platform by translations and creating new pages all in Igbo language, social media was a ready tool that was employed in seeking editors. This talk will focus on how wikimedians can embrace social media in creating awareness for programs and projects.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will gain insight into a successful Wikimedia project and also learn how to use social media to seek editors.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Not applicable
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Final
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Reason: Scope too narrow. Also, 023 can give more useful information about this important topic.