WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/How to make animated GIFs
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 022
- Title of the submission
- How to make animated GIFs
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Tutorial / workshop
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
Zachary McCune - Global Audiences Manager, Communications
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wikimedia Foundation, FLNR
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Learn how to make animated GIFs of your own using web-based tools and small video clips! In this hands-on tutorial, we'll look at how you can make and edit animated GIFs of your own for use on Wikimedia Commons and in social media posts. With GIF use growing across the internet, we want to help photographers and videographers share Wikimedia stories and knowledge content using this popular file format.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Introduction to web-based tools (like GIPHY) that allow you to quickly edit video clips into animated GIFs
- Hands-on practice making GIFs of your own
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
Projector to show tools and processes
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).