Why should you participate?
Every human being should have a safe, clean, healthy, and sustainable environment to live in. Fortunately, the right to a healthy environment is recognized in one way or another in more than 150 countries worldwide. #WikiForHumanRights campaign encourages Wikimedians and advocates to document on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia platforms the story of these rights which enable a safe and stable climate, healthy ecosystems, and a non-toxic environment: we can increase knowledge about the healthy natural systems upon which all people rely for the water they drink, the air they breathe, the food they eat and the resources they need.
How to participate?
Are you part of a local Wikimedia community or part of an organization involved in human rights and the environment? We need your help to organize! You could:
- Organize and edit a thon or editing workshop in your country/community
- Organize a mini editing contest in your country/community
- Host a webinar on the theme
- Participate in the Global Writing Challenge
- Contribute content to Wikipedia
- Translate existing articles around the theme into your local language
- Record expert feedback about a Wikipedia article
- Try something else?
Join the Global Editing Challenge
Are you an experienced Wikipedia editor? We are running a WikiForHumanRights Challenge this year! Please join and earn small prizes!
Or see if there is an event in your language or context: Join events here!
Resources for new editors
Resource for Organizers
Article list suggestion
Are you struggling to find topics to write about? Visit our list of suggested articles to find an article of interest or find inspiration!