- Festival del viaggio (online, 19 - 27 September)
- Giornata internazionale dei musei 2020 (online, 15 - 20 May)
- Edit-a-thon al Memoriale della Shoah 2020 (27 January, together with Persecutions, deportations and crimes of the Nazi-Fascist period project, deleted for the COVID-19 emergency)
- Bauhaus Women (April, rescheduled in autumn and then canceled). Event - an international edit-a-thon in Weimar for the Bauhaus architecture school 100th-anniversary celebrations and in the occasion of the opening of a new Bauhaus museum in Weimar - ideated to be done in April, was rescheduled in the late autumn and then cancelled. Based on it, Wikimedia Deutschland organized a GLAM on tour edition at Bauhaus.
- BBC 100 Women 2019 (December)
- Wiki4HumanRights (15 November - 30 January)
- Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 (November)
- AfroCine 2019 (October - November)
- WikiDonne COVID-19
- Donne e Shoah (Women and the Shoah/Holocaust)
- Donne e Resistenza (Women and the Resistance)
- Black Lives Matter
- COVID-19/Health and Gender Editathon (online, 5 June, Health and Gender Editathon)
- CheckIn (online, 16 May - 22 August, Wiki Global Check-In)
As co-organizer or supporterEdit
- Wikipedia Asian Month 2020 (online, November, Wikipedia Asian Month 2020 & Donne asiatiche 2020, subcontest di Wikipedia Asian Month). In addition to the postcards offered by the main organizers, we will send small gadgets to those who wrote more than 4 female biographies.
- Gender and leadership Edit-a-thon (online, 11 - 17 October, Genere e leadership)
- Atari Women Wiki Edit-a-thon (online, 11 & 17 October, Atari Women)
- The AfroCine Project AfroCine 2020 (online, October - November)
- International Roma Day Edit-a-thon 2020 (online, 7 - 12 April, * Giornata Internazionale dei Rom Edit-a-thon 2020 in Italian)
- Wiki Loves Pride/2020 (online, 1 - 30 June, Wiki Loves Pride 2020)
- Wikimedia CEE Spring 2020/CEE Women (online, 15 April - 31 May, CEE Women 2020)
- WikiGap/2020/Events (6 - 15 April, WikiGap 2020 Roma, in person event deleted for the COVID-19 emergency)
- Whose Knowledge?/VisibleWikiWomen (online, 8 March - 8 May, VisibleWikiWomen 2020)
- Art + Feminism 2020 (March - April , in person event deleted for the COVID-19 emergency)
- Wiki Loves Folklore 2020 (online, February - March, Wiki Loves Folklore 2020)
As ideator & main organizerEdit
- Planetary Science Wiki Edit-a-thon (online, 21 September - 9 October, Planetologia Wiki Edit-a-thon 2020)
- Wiki Loves Fashion (online, 21 September - 11 October, Wiki Loves Fashion 2)
- Wiki Loves Sport (online, 24 July - 6 September, Wiki Loves Sport 2). Small gadgets provided for those who wrote more than 10 articles.
- Interwiki Women Collaboration (online, 20 August- 20 September, Interwiki Women 4)
- Wiki Loves Folklore 2020 final jury
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 Italy (preliminary and final jury)
Metrics (only Italian)Edit
The metrics below are aproximative, calculated manually on the sum for every event and are related only to the Italian projects (users and articles).
> 20 new editors (15 female).
- > 320 new biographies in Wikipedia (> 290 female).
- > 90 new articles on another topic (museums, COVID-2019 situation in various countries, hospitals, associations, food, bridges, films, books, Japanese weapons, film studios etc)
- > 90 improved biographies (> 80 female).
- > 10 improved articles on other topic (museums, COVID-2019 complications, films, hospitals, LGBTQ+ associations etc)
Tool we usedEdit
- Dashboard programs link.
- Hashtag tool (COVID-19 edit-a-thon).
- Fountain tool (Wikipedia Asian Month and Women from Asia).
- 16 featured images in Commons related to COVID-19 pandemic in Pesaro (Italy). We requested, supported and trained photographer Alberto Giuliani to upload his portraits of San Salvatore hospital healthcare staff - doctors and nurses - at the end of their shifts-twelve hours without a break. Three of them were declared Commons Picture of the day.
- Uploads during Black Live Matters protests in Rome
Arround 10 new female biography category.
- More than 100 new items, most of all related to female biographies.
- Lists of missing female biographies and other articles obtained through Wikidata queries based on occupation, continent, country, filed of activity.
- Wikidata SPARQL query examples.
- Profili di donne lucane (student's book on female biographies from Lucania, finalized)
- Punk rock femminile in Italia (book on female punk in Italy, status started )
- Donne e Resistenza (wikibook on women and the Resistance during WWII, status planned)
- SheSaid, Italian co-organizer for Wiki Loves Women's international campaign, 210 new articles and 60 improved articles. Small gadgets provided for those who wrote more than 5 articles.
- other affiliates/projects we collaborated with
- new partners (external institutions)
- LIFEPastorapls (INRAE & Harvard abstract) and University of Florence
- Sabancı Üniversitesi
- University of Cagliari
- Europlanet Society
- Datalogisk Institut (DIKU) and Københavns Universitet in Copenhagen
- Festival del viaggio
- Società italiana dei viaggiatori
- Diversity Working Group for Wikimedia 2030 Strategy coordination (Cycle 1)
- Diversity WG @ Wikimedia Summit
- Diversity WG space @ Wikimania 2019
- Diversity WG Meeting after Wikimania 2019
- Harmonization Sprint
- Connectors for Wikimedia 2030 Strategy coordination (Cycle 2)
- Reccomandations Discussion
- 3 - Provide safety and inclusion
- Global Conversations
- Various meetings and surveys
On September 28th, for the International Day for Universal Access to Information, WikiDonne became also a legal entity (APS - Social Promotion Association) in Italy, CF 96463280584.
- Camelia Boban (chair)
- Beatrice (vice-chair and secretary)
- Patmari (treasurer)
- Lorenza Colicigno (councilor)
- LorManLor (councilor)
Social media channelsEdit
We ideated and tested a 1 hour model of a webinar: the first half of the hour containing a presentation/discussion with experts or partners on a certain topic, and the last half of the hour, an editing session on a wiki project related to that topic. Not two isolated groups of people, but put together on the same topic, two separated worlds: experts/partners and wikimedians. On one hand, this can help wikimedians to go deeper and have more clear some arguments, and on another hand, help experts to understand how they can contribute to our projects. Is also a way to explain "outside" the projects/community rules.
- 25 novembre e la violenza contro le donne (in Italian, 25 November 2020 in occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women)
- "Genere e leadership" webinar (in Italian, 7 November 2020)
- Webinar on the campaign and how to edit Wikiquote (in English, 7 November 2020)
- #SheSaid - webinar su wikiquote in italiano, webinar on the campaign and how to edit Wikiquote (in Italian, 7 November 2020)