WikiCite is a Wikimedia initiative to develop a database of open citations and linked bibliographic data to serve free knowledge.
- Why we're building an open knowledge base of citable sources:
Video of our WikiCite session at WikidataCon 2017.
Imagine a world in which anyone could use an open citation database to support free knowledge, with rich information about every citable source. WikiCite is a cross-project initiative and a community coordinating the creation of such a database, leveraging Wikidata as an infrastructure.
- WikiCite 2018 (Berkeley, CA, USA, November 2018)
- WikiCite 2017 (Vienna, May 2017)
- WikiCite 2016 (Berlin, May 2016)
The development of WikiCite includes many classes of activities which require different skill sets to accomplish and which different communities of contributors manage.
- WikiCite (Q30035267)
- WikiProject Source MetaData is the place on Wikidata where coordination of these efforts happens.
- English Wikipedia
Other Wikimedia projectsEdit
Code repositories for related libraries and software projects.