Multilingual error messages finally implemented !Edit
Now, we just hope not to see these messages too often...
There are currently nine active Wikimedia projects. "Language count" below refers to the number of languages with at least five articles.
- Wikipedia (encyclopedia, since January 2001): 189 languages, 53816 editors, 1.8M articles, 30.5M internal links 
- English : 433781 users, 729767 articles
- German : 128291 users, 289025 articles
- Japanese : 28113 users, 140986 articles
- French : 39351 users, 161792 articles
- Wiktionary (dictionary/thesaurus, since December 2002): 161 languages, 1585 editors, 311 K articles 
- Wikiquote (quotation collection, since July 2003): 84 languages, 841 editors, 20K articles 
- Wikibooks (textbook/manual collection, since July 2003): 118 languages, 1874 editors, 20K articles 
- Wikinews (news portal, since November 2004): 13 languages, 456 editors, 7,500 articles 
- Wikisource (primary source repository, since November 2003): 50 language portals, 457 editors, 28K articles/documents 
- Meta (Wikimedia coordination, since November 2001): 33 language portals, 1009 editors, 4.8K articles 
- Wikicommons (Media repository, since September 2004) : 938 editors, 17K articles, 60K media files 
- Wikispecies (Species directory, since September 2004) 77 editors, 5.5K articles