Zoom Cloud meeting on Thursday April 28 at 8pm Eastern Time / 5pm Pacific Time.
Announcement and agenda edit
- Add your agenda items here
We'll meet for a pan-USA Wikimedia local activists chat on Thursday, April 28 at 5 PM Pacific / 8 PM Eastern.
- We will try a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. The participant cap will be 50 people (: Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- We'll use the Zoom time limit of 40 minutes to encourage ourselves to be efficient with time. With that goal in mind, here's our tentative agenda:
5:00-5:15: Introductions and reports from chapters and groups. We'll divide the time evenly. Please plan to have 1 minute per group, and please prepare your intro and report ahead of time. :) If there is extra time then we can have Q&A and discussion.
5:15-5:20: Discussion of possible Wiki Loves Earth campaign in the United States See http://wikilovesearth.org.
5:20-5:30: WikiConference USA 2016 planning. See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Cascadia_Wikimedians/WikiConference_USA_2016_%2B_WikiProject_Medicine_Conference_2016
5:30-5:35 Wiknic 2016 planning. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiknic.
5:35-5:40 Next steps, and gather feedback about the meeting format
Here is the Zoom meeting invite:
Topic: Wikimedia US monthly meeting Time: Apr 28, 2016 5:00 PM (GMT-7:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/377684933
Or iPhone one-tap: 16465687788,377684933# or 14157629988,377684933#
Dial: +1 646 568 7788 (US Toll) or +1 415 762 9988 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 377 684 933 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=u1s0iDnjwkR5paCLwHCxcruXmYAvyItm
Welcome to WMF etherpad installation. Please keep in mind all current as well as past content in any pad is public. Removing content from a pad does not mean it is deleted. Keep in mind as well that there is no guarantee that a pad's contents will always be available. A pad may be corrupted, deleted or similar. Please keep a copy of important data somewhere else as well
This time was chosen based on the poll at <http://doodle.com/poll/eawc29nn2cfy6age>
1. Pine from Cascadia aka Brett Gibbs (Seattle) **HOST** 2. BrillLyle aka Erika Herzog (WM NYC) 3. Pharos aka Richard Knipel (WM NYC) 4. Rachel Wexelbaum (Minnesota) 5. Frank Schulenburg, Wiki Education Foundation (San Francisco) 6. Ganesh Krishnamurthy (Georgia Piedmont) 7. Melissa Garus (San Diego) 8. James Hare! (Washington D.C.) 9. Kiril Lokshin (Washington D.C.) 10. Bluerasberry aka Lane Rasberry (WM NYC & Cascadia) 11. Rosie Stephenson-Goodnight 12. Peaceray 13. SuperHamster aka Kevin Payravi (Ohio State / Wikipedia Connection) 14. Ben Creasy 15. Mary Mark Ockerbloom (Philadelphia)
I. 5:00-5:15: Introductions and reports from chapters and groups. We'll divide the time evenly. Please plan to have 1 minute per group, and please prepare your intro and report ahead of time. :) If there is extra time then we can have Q&A and discussion.
II. 5:15-5:20: Discussion of possible Wiki Loves Earth campaign in the United States See http://wikilovesearth.org.
- Global campaign page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2016 - May 2016?
- Need U.S. page
- Lead - Need a campaign lead
Other complementary photography competitions that is already planned?
Need 6 months lead to plan a coordinated global campaign
III. 5:20-5:30: WikiConference USA 2016 planning. See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Cascadia_Wikimedians/WikiConference_USA_2016_%2B_WikiProject_Medicine_Conference_2016 Leads:
- National conference
- Grant request and volunteer coordination in Seattle
- $50,000 WMF to present conference in Seattle
- Timing, planning, labor on ground. Decision: This isn't the year to do this in Seattle due to human resources constraints
- There may be an option to instead have the 2016 USA conference in Southern California
- Plan for 2017. International conference will be in Montreal
- Also plan for WikiConference USA 2018
- $40,000 for scholarships to travel
IV. 5:30-5:35 Wiknic 2016 planning. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiknic. - Tshirts - Site notice - Idea to do around July 4th or weekend after?
V. 5:35-5:40 Next steps, and gather feedback about the meeting format
Use U.S. mailing list to coordinate efforts
Calendars will be set up - Erika aka BrillLyle will send out links
- User:Ben Creasy (CA)
- User:Bluerasberry (NY)
- User:BrillLyle (NY)
- User:DrMel (CA)
- User:Frank Schulenburg (CA-Wiki Education Foundation)
- User:Ganeshk (GA)
- User:Harej (DC)
- User:Kirill Lokshin (DC)
- User:Mary Mark Ockerbloom (PA)
- User:Peaceray (WA-Cascadia)
- User:Pharos (NY)
- User:Pine (WA-Cascadia)
- User:RachelWex (MN)
- User:Rosiestep (NV-Women in Red)
- User:SuperHamster (OH)