This page can be found at en:User_talk:Stevietheman.
This is an interwiki redirect.
Thank you for your post in this context.
I've also made a proposal and hence thought of conveying best wishes to you in meeting your objectives.
It will be still better if you could discuss your specific concern with your community first and share a link on the Bots_and_gadgets page. This is just my suggestion. Anyways, have a nice day! --Muzammil (talk) 18:34, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Stevietheman, seeing that you've made some choices already, I wasn't sure if you'd already visited all proposals and made your final vote - there's one proposal that was missing due to revision and it hadn't been put back on the page yet, it's now back at 2016 Community Wishlist Survey/Categories/Bots and gadgets#Greatly overhaul media viewer. Just wanted to make sure it got a fair chance after being overlooked by organisers. Cheers! Samsara (talk) 03:57, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Well, that didn't turn out so well, it's now archived again after having been removed and placed back, all within a day. For reference, you can find it at 2016 Community Wishlist Survey/Archive#Greatly overhaul media viewer. Please excuse my original hopeful enthusiasm! Best, Samsara (talk) 01:10, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
Redirects in watchlistEdit
First of all, let me thank you for your insightful comments on proposals. Many of them were helpful to me. Here you said it is better to color-code the links and then remove the ones I want to delete from my watchlist. Here is my css at Persian Wikipedia. While at Wikipedia pages I see the redirects in orange, I do not see them colored in Special:EditWatchlist. How should I fix it? Thank you very much. 4nn1l2 (talk) 19:50, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
in last year's community technical wishlist survey you expressed support for the allow a second email address proposal. It was one of four proposals, that address the problem, that users may be harrassed, because the same email address is used for - among other things - password recovery and communication with other users. This proposal got the most support of the four and the combined support for the four proposals would have won them a place among the 10 successful proposals. I have entered the proposal again in this year's survey. It would be nice if you take a look at it, as the voting phase is now running.
While I write, I may mention, that I made another proposal in this year's survey, and maybe your interested in it also. It is about integrating Wikipedia with upcoming Augmented Reality technologies and a better user experiences over different distrubution channels. I should also mention, that there is a related proposal about 360 images.
Here are the links:
Global preferences ready for testingEdit
I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.
- Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
- Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
- Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
- Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
- Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.