Please address any questions to trustandsafetywikimedia.org.
- 1 Global user pages
- 2 Wikimania 2013 Bidding
- 3 Wikimedia genealogy project
- 4 Affiliations Committee call for candidates - September 2014
- 5 Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
- 6 Wiki Loves Pride
- 7 Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December
- 8 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 9 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 10 You have a message
- 11 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 12 Note on AYST201
- 13 Deletions
- 14 Hello Ktr101
Global user pagesEdit
Hello Ktr101. You now have user pages on every wiki, as you requested on User:Pathoschild/Scripts/Synchbot. You can see sortable logs of each page edited or skipped at User:Pathoschild/Scripts/Synchbot/Archives/Ktr101. —Pathoschild 05:01:07, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Wikimania 2013 BiddingEdit
You are getting this message because you have edited a Wikimania bidding page for 2013.
Many have said that the bidding needs to be brought forward to give teams longer to organise the conference, to enable it to be run more professionally and smoother and to give teams more time to arrange things like sponsorship which can take significant amounts of time. This year an active effort is being made to bring the start of official bidding to before the fundraiser (around September/October, to have a longer bidding period that will run till the end of January and a decision made by the end of February.
Although this clashes with the fundraiser, the significantly longer bidding period is to give those teams from chapters involved in the fundraiser more time. It should hopefully allow teams to create better and more detailed bids. Going forward the idea would be that eventually the bidding would occur entirely before the fundraiser. I though it best to not jump immediately to this to not catch teams off guard.
Just to recap: Bidding will start in September/October and not in January
Any thoughts and comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
Seddon 12:09, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
The Affiliations Committee is looking for new members. The committee's work requires communication with volunteers all over the World, negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members.
Members are usually selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. The applications will be voted on by the current members not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisers, WMF staff and board liaisons based on the membership criteria. A final decision will be made by the end of October 2014, with new members expected to join on or around 1 November 2014.
Please read the full call for candidates for more information, membership criteria, and details on how to apply.
Chair, Affiliations Committee
Please fill out our Inspire campaign surveyEdit
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Wiki Loves PrideEdit
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
You have a messageEdit
Template talk:Warning message#Editprotected request 2. Matiia (talk) 15:30, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Note on AYST201Edit
Just a note that AYST201 and Arifys are indeed Confirmed to be the same person. I get the feeling that they are inexperienced, and perhaps not socking in bad faith, so I won't lock the accounts outright. It looks like they have contributed positively some places, and hopefully that will continue. You are of course free to use this information as you wish at outreach.
- Thanks for that, as I figured something was up and brought a sockpuppet investigation to them on -en. Regardless, I would be supportive of keeping an eye on both of them and locking them if they use both to coordinate (I will also keep the Outreach block on one, since they still have their other account to use if needed), as I do agree that they seem to be learning the ropes, albeit a bit clumsily. Kevin Rutherford (talk) 06:46, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
- I'm verry regret about mybehavior to duplicate Ip adress for test I also not remember all user for that.
Your comment here was unacceptable. Deletions are not votes for or against the nominator, they are to express views on the deletion request. You seem to have a problem with me, probably because I have made official complaints about your competence to deal with OTRS correspondence on copyright. If you cannot avoid turning discussions into personal attacks, please consider saying nothing rather than laying down a long term pattern of hounding. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 17:31, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- I don't have a problem with you actually, but I was more concerned that it appeared to be a bit of a veiled threat for someone to come back and nominate it for deletion the following year as a joke page, even though there was overwhelming consensus against deleting it. Regardless, that's the past, and we can all move on now and continue to improve the project. Kevin Rutherford (talk) 17:39, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
I change mymind, Wikipedia is amazing but I'm sorry Ktr101 about it or about myuser problem, myintention for wikipedia is good, please accept my apology. Thank you very much Ktr101, I will don't again. AYST201 (talk) 06:12, 24 April 2016 (UTC)