- IRC cloak request: I confirm that my freenode nick is egoat. wikimedia/electric-goat.
- archive 1 - 19 May 2004 - 1 Feb 2005
Hi, eG. Thank you for caring to Japanese Wiktionary. If you have more time, would you like to give a look on ja:Project talk:投稿ブロックの方針, my recent mails and the current foundationl-l threads, and give us your feedback? Cheers. --Aphaia | WQ2翻訳中 | talk 00:19, 16 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- I see. I already write about it on several pages on ja.wp. Sorry, *right now*, I have no enough time. I do it this evening. e-Goat 01:03, 16 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Guy, I'm so sorry to make a mistake. This this my first time here and I think I can do somthing here but it was wrong... So sorry.
The introduction are not clearly explain. I think that I can click on (edit) then translate it. At this moment, I just found (from your msg) that what I have to do is copy (simple) then past on a link for Thai then translate. That's right?
--RobinTh 15:55, Mar 3, 2005 (UTC)
- Don't mind the mistake. Now you know how to translate :) yes, creating new pages in Thai is the way. Your edits on lang-templates seem to be no problem. Page name is available in Thai, like [[Meta:ลิ้งค์นานาภาษา|ไทย]], I guess. Good luck. e-Goat 16:11, 3 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Whenever you announce a Wiktionary Milestone on the the Milestone page, you should also update the Wiktionary Table at the bottom of the page. Simply cut and paste the entry for the language that reached the milestone into the new milestone category (at the back of that milestone's list), and change the date to reflect the time at which the new milestone occurred. I have already done this for Japanese (I noticed that it has hit 5,000). Next time, please remember to both announce it in the upper text, and to update the lower table. Thanks. 126.96.36.199 17:55, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
- I see. Thanks for the advise. e-Goat 19:57, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
Wiktionary logo imageEdit
I'm Rhanyeia from English Wiktionary. May I ask if you could you have a look at my talk page there please. Would you be ready to help with those Japanese letters please? Best regards Rhanyeia♥♫ 19:24, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
The help I'm looking for is advices how to edit those Japanese letters. I've made two drafts, could you have a look at this image and this image please? I plan to write here on a meta page about changing the letter if it can be fit well on the picture. Which one of these images you think is better, and what do you think about them? I'd appreciate your help a lot. :) Best regards Rhanyeia♥♫ 10:40, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, Rhanyeia. Both seem good enough for me. And I like Image:WiktionaryEn3 modified.png, because it has effective kerning. Thanks for your works, e-Goat 17:45, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. :) To make it an svg image could you look at this and this please? (I tested with png because I didn't know how to do it with that svg image, I'm also learning how to edit these at the same time.) What do you think, and which one of these would have better kerning? Best regards Rhanyeia♥♫ 08:03, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
- The answer I'm looking for now is that can those letters also get too close to each other? The first svg image I linked was edited by Smurrayinchester after your message here, and because it had some different details than the picture you commented, I edited the second so that you could compare them. Which of these pictures has the letters most balanced? Best regards Rhanyeia♥♫ 09:29, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- Dear me! I have to say something before your eyes will be inverted :) First, those letters are not too close to each other. And most balanced is... hmm ... IMHO Image:WiktionaryEn3.svg (C), because the margin of characters in the plate is appropriate. A and B seem narrow room, and D should have more ample living room :) e-Goat 11:07, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
- Wait... but these impressions depend on the size of images. In the gallery, (C) seems slightly faint, and I like umm,,, (A). e-Goat
- Thank you for analyzing them. :) The final logo size is a bit bigger than the gallery size, about what's on the right, but the appearance depends also on the screen size and resolution. If you think A and C are the best, and since C is an svg image which is needed, maybe that would be what to go on with. I could try to edit C still closer to A, but because with some size you thought C was better, it might happen that it wouldn't become improved anymore. :) Best regards Rhanyeia♥♫ 08:30, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- Hm, C on the right is not bad at all. It seems bold enough and can be the final version. Thanks for your works! Cheers, e-Goat 04:13, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for rename. --Joseph 10:14, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
Dear Electric goat, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:12, 12 September 2014 (UTC)