Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Project Goal Edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content on Wikimedia Commons
- Engage existing editors through Wiki Loves Monuments in Ghana 2016
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
We want to organise 6 photowalks in the month. We expect 12 people to come to each walk and for subsequent walks as well.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
The photo walk would be focused on covering the remaining monuments that we were not able to cover during 2012 Wiki loves monuments. And we plan to make it a target to finish as many as possible so we leave no deficit. Ghana has lots of historical monuments and they either depleting or its not been properly captured for future reference.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
Participants will select a monument that has been identified in which they would like to write about throughout the month. After each walk, participants will be encouraged to upload their photos and work on their articles. The event organizers will follow-up with participants throughout the week to see if they have questions, need help finding resources, and if they are making progress on their articles. After the last photowalk, we will organize an editathon to finish uploading any photos and continue working on articles. The goal is to get each article to at least a start class.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Participants would be required to bring their own camera's. We will also rent two DSLR cameras to help participants who do not have a better camera's to use.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We have received interest from participants who really want to go around Ghana to take pictures of this monuments.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. 500 photos
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects. All of them if possibe.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in Ghana is organized by the Wikimedia Ghana User Group. The target for this year's event is to capture pictures of monuments and or heritage sites missed during the 2012 Wiki Loves Monuments in Ghana. This year's focus will be on these monuments and heritage sites: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-gh/2016-July/003055.html
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Renting of two DSLR cameras and kit lenses: 300Ghc each pair camera and kit lens for a day * 6 days = 1,800Ghc - Refreshments for 6 photowalks for 12 participants; 20Ghc per participant * 6 walks = 1,440Ghc - Refreshments for edithathon : 20Ghc/12 people = 240GhC - Travel expenses; Travel to each region for each photowalk 50Ghc/ 12 participants * 6 walks = 3,600Ghc
Travel Expense Edit
- User:Nkansahrexford - Travel to so so and so along this line on this day. Estimated cost is this: 5$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!