User:Econterms/Movement Charter Input
- Several solid proposals are out there.
- From Strategic_Wikimedia_Affiliates_Network/IGC-MC: *Check here for an ongoing discussion about the Global Council (initiiated by User:Ziko) and here for a discussion about the Movement Charter (Initiated by User:TheLand). And: To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC, and to prepare for the SWAN calls, we have set up this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard.
- Movement Charter lists some possible sources
- The Global_Council page has the most complete list of links to drafts and ideas
Principles I'd like to incorporate in the Movement CharterEdit
- We recognize certain open source practices and principles are functionally important -- e.g. that a diversity of users and editors will find and fix problems and can improve usability; can specialize and standardize
- Advocacy: We want to support users in accessing our free information and will advocate and oppose government actions that make this unncessarily difficult
- Linguistic diversity: We support linguistic diversity and will make content available across languages.
- Staff support The Interim Global Council needs some staff support
Background and feedback mechanismsEdit
see CC network members charter too