Adesh belongs to Nashik, Maharashtra.
"Wiki Nashik" ProjectEdit
Journey started from kumbathon, an event under which various projects were being implemented. 'Wiki Nashik' is one of them.
Aim of this project is as follows:
- Involving as many school and college students as possible.
- Spread awareness about the Wikipedia community and how one contribute to it.
- Enhance Nashik's Wikipedia page and provide Wikipedia users more information about Kumbhmela.
- Uploading the pictures of Nashik to give the readers the look and feel of the various aspects of the city.
Achievements (till now)Edit
- Added new information on Nashik's Wikipedia Article.
- Added a missing information on Marathi and Hindi Pages of Nashik.
- Uploaded photos related to Nashik.
- Interaction with Nashik's corporate people and Government, related to data collection and awareness camp.
- Had an Interview with Nashik's Local Newspaper Sakal about the progress of the team and further plans.
Wikipedia Club NashikEdit
- Lead fun Wikipedia Orientation workshops
- Increase Content on Languages like Hindi and Marathi Wikipedia
- Engage in collaborative editing to improve quality of articles
- Periodic Interesting Field Trips to various places (Multiplexes,theaters,car factories,blood banks, etc)
- Conduct tours like Wikipedia Loves Nashik
- Organize social events to raise awareness
- Represent Wikipedia at student fairs to recruit new editors and participants
- Conduct outreach on campus by discussing Wikipedia and other projects with students and faculty
Further projects that we are going to implement:Edit
- Awareness of wikipedia.
- Involving schools and colleges.
- Pages related to health.
- Uploading more photos.
- Data updating in different languages.
- Updating women related pages.
- Along with Text writing, engage people for working on Photos, audio and visual contents.