Joined 28 February 2018
Participated in Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018 and Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019.
Activities of Cypriot Wikimedians
- 12-15 OCTOBER 2018: First time that Cyprus is being represented to the Annual Meeting CEE Meeting of Wikimedians coming from all over Central and Eastern Europe in Lviv, Ukraine.
- Wikimedia Community User Group Cyprus is officially in the newsletter of the CEE Wikimedia Community CEE/Newsletter/October 2018 - Meta (wikimedia.org)
- During the last week of November, the first online mini wiki editathon took place in Cyprus. The editathon started with a short introduction, from the initiator of this event Anna Prodromou, to the basic principles of Wikimedia editing, as well as the creation of user identities.The editathon was followed by a discussion, where members shared their views on the main goals and characteristics of this group. First unanimous decision was to maintain a multicultural character that reflects the islands society and history. CEE/Newsletter/November 2018/Contents/Cyprus report - Meta (wikimedia.org)
- Wikimedia User Group Cyprus attending Central Eastern European Meeting CEEM 2019 in Belgrade.
- 19 OCTOBER 2019: In the context of Wikimedia Community User Group Cyprus' collaboration with Wikimedia Community User Group Greece our Wikimedian’s participated in the second online training seminar on Wikipedia and its collaborative ventures via the Discord platform delivered by Wikimedian Marios Magioladitis. The theme of the seminar was #GLAM-Wiki and #1Lib1Ref project. Presentation slides are available on Wikipedia Commons GLAM–Wiki and #1Lib1Ref – Wikimedia Community User Group Greece
- 5 DECEMBER 2019: The newly formed Wikimedia User Group in Cyprus, initiated an online discussion on Wikimedia and its principles. The online discussion was preceded by a presentation from Wikimedian Marios Magioladitis, a member of Wikimedia Community User Group Greece, and was attended by Wikimedians from Cyprus, Greece and Albania.
- 15/03/2020 Wikimedia Open Lab held at the Home for Cooperation in Nicosia.