Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia
Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia (Georgian: ვიკიმედიის მომხმარებელთა საქართველოს ჯგუფი), also UG-GE or Wikimedia UG Georgia, is a Wikimedia User Group created by active members of Wikimedia contributors living in Georgia, who are interested in organizing and participating in outreach activities on a national level. It aims to promote and participate in the projects offered by the Wikimedia Foundation and to organize the Georgian community. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely use the knowledge, and to distribute and modify said content for free.
|Wikimedia UG Georgia|
|Legal status||Non-Entrepreneurial (Non-Commercial) Legal Entity|
|Founding date||16 February 2015|
|Approval date||22 February 2015|
|Key people||Board Members|
|Budget||Depends on Grants|
|Reports||2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019|
To set up a physical body as an official User Group of Wikimedians living in Georgia with the following objectives:
- Promote awareness of the Georgian Wikimedia projects;
- Engage the community and gain new contributors for the User Group and Wikimedia projects;
- Cooperate with other institutions with similar missions and visions to promote free knowledge movement in Georgia;
- Legalization of FoP in Georgia;
- Work on the formation of Wikimedia Georgia chapter;
- Increase content about Georgia in Commons.
Wikimedia UG Georgia conducts various activities to popularize the Wikimedia movement in Georgia, as well as to develop Wikimedia projects in Georgian language. Some of the activities are:
- Regular meetings of members of the Wikimedia UG Georgia, members of the Wikimedia UG Georgia Board and editors of the Georgian Wikipedia. Such meetings help the community to work in a more coordinated way. Also, such meetings help to quickly deal with any problems that exist in the community. At these meetings, the community sets goals and plans various activities.
- Training on Wiki technology and work on Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikidata and etc.). Trainings are held for different people and organizations, for teachers, lecturers, students, interested persons, for representatives of different organizations (non-governmental and government institutions). The trainings are conducted by the representatives of the Wikimedia UG Georgia and the editors of the Georgian Wikipedia.
- Cooperation with various organizations (NGO & etc.) and government structures are our main goals. We are trying to cooperate with all the structures, conducting joint projects. It is very important for us to cooperate with everyone for the development of Wikimedia projects in Georgia.
If you want to join us and together with us, on a volunteer basis, develop and improve Wikimedia projects, please click below on the joining button, sign and become a volunteer of our User Group.
On this page you can find a complete list of our volunteers.