Translation coordination group
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
Note: The desribed tasks are largely covered by Translation subcommitee and Translation Cooridnators per language as of April 2007.
A group focusing on coordinating and streamlining translations.
Three key focuses (among others):
- Efficiency -- reusing translation string information, translator information
- Currency -- linking translations and variants with originals so that staleness can be tracked and avoided
- Usability -- better interfaces (two-panel structure, use of color and formatting), interoperability with better tools (hooks for using external software packages or string-dbs for suggestions)
- Interface translations wiki - focusing on MediaWiki interface translations; could be part of a larger project
- Translations wiki (proposed) - a place to move Translation requests and better organize information about, for, and by translators
- +sj | Translate the Quarto |+
- Quinobi | the translation of translation