We'd love to help you get involved! Get in touch.
The main contact for #1Lib1Ref is Felix Nartey (User:FNartey (WMF), firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to be a local contact for the #1Lib1Ref activities, add yourself to this list:
- To add yourself, add
* Your name ([[User:NAME]]), location and email address and/or Twitter account you can be reached at.
- You can edit by clicking here
- Stephanie Evers Ard (w:User:eversard), Social Sciences Librarian at the University of South Alabama (Mobile, Alabama, USA) @skevers or email@example.com.
- Rose Oliveira, Linda Lear Special Collections Librarian, Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA
- Teri Embrey (User:TeriEmbrey Pritzker Military Museum and Library, Chicago, Illinois, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Mabee w:user:SarahHelenPrindle, Humanities & Fine Arts Librarian, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, USA. email@example.com @sarahprindle
- Cassandra DellaCorte (User:MidwestCuttlefish), DePaul University, Chicago, IL. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rachel Howard w:user:Rachel.howard, Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- Jeremy Floyd (w:User:Jjfloyd), University of Nevada, Reno, @jjamesfloyd
- Luiza Wainer, Princeton University, lwainer[at]princeton[dot]edu
- Janelle Toner (User:janelletoner), Assistant Librarian, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, email@example.com
- Andrey Filimonov (User:AndreyPFilimonov), Archival Services Manager, Center for Jewish History, New York, NY, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Jack (User:Sodapopinski7), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill email@example.com
- Brenda Burk, Clemson University Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Helps, Harold B. Lee library, Brigham Young University, @Rachel_Helps
- Amanda French (User:alf7e), Blacksburg, VA; email@example.com; @amandafrench
- Erin Fields, username: Emefie, Liaison Librarian and Flexible Learning Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC., erin.fieldsatubc.ca/Twitter: @Emefie
- Allana Mayer, Toronto/Ontario
- Stacy Allison-Cassin (User:Smallison), Digital Pedagogy Librarian, York University, Toronto, Ontario. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mita Williams, Librarian, University of Windsor, @copystar, email@example.com
- Sara Allain, Vancouver, B.C., @archivalistic
- Elizabeth Stregger, Sackville, NB firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Mabbett (w:User:Pigsonthewing), Wikimedian in Residence at ORCID, etc - United Kingdom (and further afield if needed).
- Rebecca O'Neill (w:User:Smirkybec), Project Coordinator for Wikimedia Community Ireland, wikimediairelandgmail.com, @WikimediaIE
- Elīna Sniedze (w:User:Ellia_S), Latvian Librarian Association (LLA); New Professionals section of LLA, email@example.com and @lbbjss on Twitter
- Alessandra Boccone, Bibliotecaria presso il Centro Bibliotecario di Ateneo dell'Università degli studi di Salerno, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chiara Storti (w:User:Nonoranonqui), Italia, email@example.com
- Michele Tagliabracci (w:user:Tagliabracci), Italia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zana Strkovska (User:Violetova), Skopje, Macedonia, email@example.com
- Krzysztof Machocki (User:Halibutt), education projects coordinator / press officer at Wikimedia Polska (Warsaw, Poland). Contact info here.
- Lantuszka - librarian, based in Warsaw, Poland. Specialization: wiki-GLAM, art documentation and information, tolerance and non-discrimination, human rights, women's biographies, wiki-ethnography, free-licences, media education, Ukraine, Israel, librarianship and information management, collective memory, un-memory, training professional librarians in editing wikipedia and wiki-sister projects. Contact me if you need assistance, I'd be very happy to help.
- Katarzyna Błaszkowska (User:Pakusza), Gdańsk University of Technology Library.
- Jolanta Szczepaniak (User:Iolanthe~plwiki), Lodz University of Technology Library @SzczepaJ
- Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) (User:Hasive; Dhaka; Bangladesh, firstname.lastname@example.org) or @nhasive via twitter.
- Kuldeep P Pawar w:user:Kuldeep Pawar, Librarian,Govt. College of Education, (CTE),Jintur Road , Parbhani, Maharashtra India.
- w:user:Jameela P., Library and Information Assistant/ Info Crawler, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kannur, Kerala, India.
- Krishna Chaitanya Velaga User:KCVelaga, India; actively involved in TWL outreach and connections with librarians
- Sara Barham (User:Elucidata), Dunedin, New Zealand; email@example.com; @sarabeee.
- haminoon, Auckland, New Zealand, e-mail me, @haminoon
- Siobhan Leachman (Ambrosia10), Wellington, New Zealand. @siobhanleachman via twitter, digital volunteer for the Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Jacinta Sutton, (JacintaJS) (talk), Project Officer, State Library of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. Search WP:SLQ in en.wikipedia for our #1lib1ref Project Page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pru Mitchell, (Pru.mitchell) (talk), Wikimedia Australia, Melbourne. email@example.com, Via Twitter: @pru.
Click here to share information about your local event
Estudiantes de la Escuela de Bibliotecología y Ciencias de la Información de la Universidad de Costa Rica estarán participando de la campaña durante el curso Técnicas de Investigación Bibliográfica, específicamente durante los días 28 y 29 de mayo de 2018.
La Biblioteca del Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliotecológicas y de la Información de la UNAM
y el Colegio Nacional de Bibliotecarios A.C. Ciudad de México
Invitan a todos aquellos bibliotecarios, estudiantes e interesados en los ambientes colaborativos del conocimiento como las Wikis, al evento #1Lib1Ref que se celebra anualmente por el aniversario de Wikipedia y que tiene por Objetivo: Mejorar los artículos que necesiten referencias, para ser validados. Este año se integra IIBI UNAM y el CNB al evento, que se llevará a cabo el Próximo 30 de enero de 2018 en las instalaciones del IIBI en la Torre II de Humanidad en Ciudad Universitaria CDMX.
¡TE ESPERAMOS NO FALTES!
Meridian Library District in Meridian, Idaho will be hosting a Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon as part of #1Lib1Ref on January 20th, 2018 from 8:30 AM -10:30 AM at our Cherry Lane location. All local librarians are welcome to join us. We will provide coffee, snacks, and a brief overview of editing Wikipeida plus a supportive environment to share your expertise or edit for the first time. For questions please contact Megan@Mld.org
University of Huddersfield library in Yorkshire, United Kingdom, will be hosting a Wikipedia editathon as part of #1lib1ref on Saturday 3rd February, 11am03pm GMT. All librarians and library workers welcome, however space is limited so please sign up via [EventBrite] if you wish to attend!
University of Minnesota Libraries will be hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon in support of #1Lib1Ref on January 17th, 2018 from 9:00am to noon at Wilson Library on our Twin Cities Campus. We invite the local library community to join us. For more information, including contact information for questions, please visit the events page on the U of M Libraries website.
GLAM Macedonia in cooperation with the City Library "Braka Miladinovci" will be hosting open discussion "Importance of digitization" as part of #1Lib1Ref on January 18th, 2018 from 2 PM - 3 PM.
Wikimedians of Romania and Moldova invites you to our #1Lib1Ref events in Bucharest and Chișinău on January 20th from 11 AM.
Wikimedia Serbia and University Library "Svetozar Marković" will be hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon in support of #1Lib1Ref on January 23th, 2018 from 10:00am. Also, we invited via e-mail librarians and other volunteers to join the campain.
York University Libraries in Toronto, Canada, will be hosting three Wikipedia edit-a-thons on the theme of Indigenous scholars and researchers as part of #1Lib1Ref. Events will take place on January 18th from 12 -1 1:30 pm, January 22nd from 10:30 am to 12 pm and January 29th from 10:30 am to 12 pm in the computers labs on the fifth floor of Scott Library. Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maastricht University Library will be hosting a Wikipedia Citation Challenge in support of #1Lib1Ref on February 1st, 2018 from 1pm to 3pm at the Inner city Library, Parlour room (next to the Information Desk). We invite our local library community - students and researchers - to join us. For more information, including contact information for questions, please visit the library wall page on the UM website.
The University of Groningen Library is hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon on Tuesday, 30 January, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. All library staff of the University of Groningen are cordially invited to join us for this "#1lib1ref lunch"!
We are looking for partner organizations. Partner organizations can help spread the campaign by:
- Participating in blogging, email and social media sharing during the campaign
- Directly calling on librarians in your network to participate in the campaign
- Holding webinars or other educational activities during the week
If you are interested contact Felix Nartey (fnarteywikimediaorg) or the whole TWL team (wikipedialibrarywikimediaorg). They can help with communications strategies, resources to share with your network, and finding volunteer networks in your area. Partners get the added bonus of being listed on the main page of the campaign, and being included in our social media push during the campaign.
We are also excited to help librarians learn about this campaign, but we need to share it. Tweeting about your contributed Wikipedia references, links to this page, and generally sharing the page using social media are all helpful. Here are the platforms where we have a presence:
Also, reach out to your press contacts, to helps share the news about the campaign in library and information science networks.